“I am made of lapperts.”
Review of Lappert's Hawaii

Lappert's Hawaii
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Hanapepe
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Since our humble beginnings selling ice cream out of a tiny storefront in sleepy Hanapepe Town, to our other retail locations, Lappert's Hawaii has been indulging the Islands' sweet tooth for over two decades. And though our business has grown, our principles remain the same -- top quality, premium products served with the Aloha Spirit.
Anchorage, Alaska
“I am made of lapperts.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

There are several of these on the island, but every time we go to the island I try my best to fill up the puch card. Great selection of island flavor ice cream, yes it is spendy but hey you are on vacation. They also are a good place for coffee if you can't find a good local place.

Visited April 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“The best!!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great ice cream. It ranks right up there with Leopolds of Savannah and Graeters of Ohio. The waffle cones were very good , worth the extra cost. The chocolate Carmel cashew was the best.

Visited February 2013
Bowen Island, Canada
“Went back on our last day on Kaua'i”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went back to Hanapepe on our last day on Kaua'i because the kids really wanted to have icecream a Lappert's. It trumped the shave ice options! It's a nice spot and you find it on the main highway just west of the downtown. Hanapepe has lots of reasons to visit (Robert's on the main drag has an excellent selection of Aloha shirts and the book store is pretty cool).

• Visited February 2013
Jefferson, South Dakota, United States
“da best icecream”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a fun stop while driving through the west side of Kauai. They have very good ice cream. It's certainly not the cheapest but hey you are in HI. Service isn't always top notch but the icecream is.
This is the location that started the Lapperts chain.

• Visited March 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Ice Cream with an Attitude”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our first visit to Lappert's ice cream shop was last year. At that time my wife and I noted that the boy serving us looked like he would have rather been anywhere else in the world than at work, we understood as it is Hawaii and we were on vacation we thought he might want to be also. The Ice cream was fine but service was interesting. Yesterday we made a point to stop back at Lappert's ice cream and were amazed to find our happy server still hard at work, this is where it got interesting. When my wife approached he inquired about her shell necklace which we purchased on the island, he quickly told us that it is not real and if she wanted a real shell necklace she should have gone to a local vendor and not a store. The best part of our visit was when my 5 year old asked for a sample of ice cream, our new friend rolled his eyes as he painfully performed his ice cream duties. This will be the last time we patronize this business. He might be better off surfing than working so hard.

• Visited January 2013
Mary P, Manager at Lappert's Hawaii, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I am so sorry for the service you received in our location. I can assure you that I will be showing this review to the entire team and discussing it. It was extremely unprofessional and not the way we expect our team to behave. If you would like to contact me through our email aloha@lappertshawaii.com I would be happy to discuss this further. Thank you for your candor.