“A lot of fun”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A lot of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

You are driven by a four wheel truck up the mountain. From there, you climb into a tube and spend a good hour floating down one of old irrigation ditches that used to water the farming area. You spend a lot of time in the caves so you have a miner's hat with a light. When you get through, there is a great little lunch that is perfect for the adventure. We learned a lot from the tour guides and laughed from the time we got into the truck. Another fun day in Kauai.

Visited January 2013

• Indonesian first
Santa Barbara, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tubing Tour is a MUST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had the best tour with Kauai Backcountry Adventures.
Ryan and Eric were our tour guides and they were HILARIOUS, INFORMATIVE, and made the trip FUN!
The scenery is breath taking, the tubing was "refreshing", and the lunch was excellent. This trip is a must do for anyone of any age...you will be glad you did!

Ottawa, Illinois
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Canopy Zipline Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was a wonderful adventure. I wish I could remember everyones name but even our jeep driver ..... she started our trip off with a smile and with a zip! Tim and Po ( not spelled correctly I am sure) made us feel very safe but encouraged us to add our own "spin". My husband and I had a great time .... just because you are in your 60's or older do not be afraid to give this a spin. Several people in our group said they were wary about the heights but everyone was thrilled after the first zip! I investigated several zipline tours and I am so glad we picked this one, you will be too!

Webster, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Out of ordinary adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great guides, great scenery, lots of fun! We all loved the tube ride excursion thru the irrigation ditches in the sugarcane fields. A different kind of adventure, being able to see the "inner countryside" of the island, while getting some sun, meeting others and having so much fun! great lunch provided too!

Waynesboro, Va
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Tubing the Ditch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

As a "senior" citizen- I was a little nervous when I booked this event through the cruise I was on. The description said not to book if you were "claustrophobic". No worries though- the tunnels were large and we had head lamps, hard hats, shoes, and gloves. We also had very helpful and watchful guides. That being said - there are many times on the ride that you have no control over the speed or direction- so hitting rocks and tunnel sides with enough force to be quite painful is possible.If you have trouble with vertigo - the spinning of the tube could cause problems. The water temperature in February was "bracing" but not numbing. It was very interesting to experience a piece of Hawaii's history in this unique way and I would definitely do it again. Bring a towel and change of clothes if you are "cold-natured".