“Tropically good”

Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is one of our favorite fast food places in the islands. We have enjoyed fish tacos there for over twenty years since they originally sold tacos out of an old bus on the roadside for $4. Now they have a permanent kitchen and sit down facility and $12 tacos.
They are the absolute best tacos on this island and worth a special trip. Now they serve meals on real plates with forks and for only a couple of bucks over the many other taco trucks.Each order is cooked to order and served at your table or counter. Fish is fresh and battered then fried crisp, served with lettuce,salsa, beans and chips. It is one of the best fish tacos anywhere.
PS they have one of the cleanest rest rooms in town, a nice feature when traveling this end of the word.

1  Thank Malice6
There are newer reviews for Tropical Taco

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We always visit this simple Hanalei restaurant several times on each Kauai visit to enjoy their superb fish tacos platter. Rivals those sold by the Kilauea Fish Market near the Lighthouse - and that is saying a lot !

1  Thank dickgoode
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had lunch here, I had a burrito that had WAY too much chili powder on the meat, my husband had a fish taco. I felt unwell shortly after and had diarrhea and indigestion for a couple days. My husband didn't suffer the same fate, and otherwise we cooked our own food and ate the same things so I know it was this restaurant. I like strong chili and have never had a reaction to it, so I know it was bad meat or something. My husband lucked out with his food choice but I would never take the chance and eat here again. Yuck.

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We got fish tacos and burritos. They were fresh and generous but just ok on flavor. Needs some spices or more flavorful sauce. Nothing special. Very slow service. Average prices $12 for a burrito or two tacos with side of beans.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The first time I visited this establishment it was a truck! LOVE their juicy over sized tacos. They have kept everything simple and I think that is what makes it even better. Great place to stop after a long day of sun on the beach!

2  Thank BritMarin