“The Total Hanalei Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanalei
Hanalei Surfboard House
Ranked #1 of 5 Hanalei B&B and Inns
Boulder, Colorado
“The Total Hanalei Experience”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just returned from a seven day stay at the Surfboard House. What an incredible location - one minute walk to surfing Hanalei Bay and a 10 minute walk to Tahiti Nui and the Hanalei Dolphin! Simon is the consummate host and has done a fabulous job in creating a romantic, unique and inviting place to spend your time in Hanalei. The gardens around the home are immaculate. Rooms offer great privacy and the lanai is so peaceful. If this place is available you should reserve it immediately. As you can see from the other reviews on the site, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable place. On Weke Rd, 50 yards from the awesome Hanalei beach. If you surf or like to go to the beach, (if you don't, don't go to Hanalei and immediately have your head examined), you can wake up and walk to the beach in 30 seconds. Full kitchen, awesome indoor and outdoor showers with excellent toiletries. If the Surfboard House is available when you are reading this, book as soon as possible.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew C
Hawaii
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I just spent a week at the Cowgirl Room and loved it! As the owners of the Hula Breeze in Kailua, HI, also rated number one on tripadvisor, we were curious to see how another top-rated vacation suite would compare. We were not disapointed! Simon was a fun host and gave me some great tips. The gardens were fantastic and we were able to bring our boards and just walk across the street to surf every day....could not have been easier! We loved all the attention to detail! It was so nice to have an entire week with no worries and to have everything taken care of!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Karratha, Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent 4 nights at Hanalei Surfboard House in January and loved every minute of the stay. The Love Shack was a luxurious, private, spacious, quirky, romantic and unique spot to stay in beautiful Hanalei. It's not cheap, but having this quality of room and only be a 1 minute walk to the beach and 10 minute walk to town make it worth every cent. For people who like things to be a little different and value individuality I can't recommend the Surfboard House enough. I hope we can return.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris W
Montreal
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our stay at the Hanalei Surfboard House was wonderful. Simon was extremely accomodating and runs the best operation in town. We stayed in the Cowgirl suite for 10 nights over Christmas and New Years 2012 and will definetly be coming back. my wife and I have fallen in love with this town, the beach, and the wonderful way of life.

The scenerey is breathtaking, the beach was clean, and the people both local and visitors were all friendly and accomodating.

The suite had everything we needed and more. It was clean, well stocked kitchen with everyhting we needed and more for our cooking includign a great BBQ out back, and the location is unbeatable. Short of being directly on the beach the property is literally 30 steps away and you can fall aleep listening to the surf break just out front.
As we were last minute arragements we were unable to scure a car renal during our stay which we would recommend for at least part of a trip as it allows you to access the higking and travel around the island. that being said everything is within a 5 minute walk from the house with regards to bars, restaurants, groceries and we managed without any problems.

5 star throuh and through

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JackandBecky
Oakland, California
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Greetings earthlings, fellow travelers and all seekers of truth-

I gave you guys a thorough report on the Yucatan so let's do Kauai. This spot, Hanalei Surfboard House, is rooted in Hanalei and a short shuffle away from Pine Trees (AI FOREVER) and the wildly beautiful Hanalei Bay. SO I don't bore you, I know you guys are waiting to read a post that maps out the entire scene, but that would dilute your own personal journey. Here is some recon on the lay of the land that may help you on that search for bliss and peace of mind, body, and spirit.

The Good about the place and scene:

+Simon, fabulous host and caretaker. vast knowledge of the area or none at all. It depends on you.

+The house has all the toys you need for a full day at the beach. and please respect the ocean, surf, and currents here anywhere on Kauai can be quite fun but lethal

+The garden grounds around the property are lovely encountering indonesian artwork, wild orchids, and yes bowling balls.

+great food options in town ie Hanalei Gourmet or the Healthy Market takeout in the back of the market. its all here just go explore the treasures around town.

+mai tais at Tahiti Niu

+beaches at Lumahai, Tunnels, and Ke'e

+hiking on Kalalau trail

+yoga in town second floor

+also check out lulu kula com for workouts

+hot oil massage

*FULL DAY DRIVE*
If you are planning to do Waimea and Polihale. Which are highly recommended, BUT plan on basing yourself down closer to the south shore.

with the sun escaping into a deep orange glow behind the forbidden island, Niihau. The full moon rises above the Napali Coast.

You wash in the energy of Polihale beach, a place that many Hawaiians believe to be a portal to the spirits! Breath, you found that peace.

Mahalo and Aloha,
$eNorMoK$a

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank SenorMoksa
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I read every review and looked at every picture before our visit to the Surfboard House. Needless to say my expectations were very high.  After spending 8 nights in the Love Shack I can easily claim that my expectations were exceeded.

My wife and I felt completely at home in the Love Shack. It brought a sense of ease and peacefulness that gave us a glimpse of what it must be like to live in Hanalei.

There were a couple surprises that I had not read in reviews yet. Simon not only encourages recycling, and use of his compost bins, but he also encouraged us not to buy bottled water and instead drink from the tap. Not only was this ecologically friendly, but the water was delicious. I swear I could taste a hint of pineapple in the water.

On several occasions my wife and I made the 5 minute walk to town for shopping, eating and Mass on Sunday. The Town of Hanalei looks small and uneventful from google maps, but we found plenty to see, do and eat.

We had enough time on Kauai to see the rest of the island and visit many of the other beaches and towns. We feel that Hanalei is the place to be. It is amazingly scenic. Hanalei beach (a stones throw from the Surfboard House) is easily the best on the island. And it's close to the Kalalau trail, tunnels and Ke'e beach. All are must-do activities on Kauai.

It was a wonderful vacation and Simon is the gracious host everyone says he is. We will be back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Paul G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanalei
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
#1 of 1 in Hanalei
Makai Club
Makai Club
#1 of 1 in Princeville

Been to Hanalei Surfboard House? Share your experiences!