“Absolutely Amazing-great adventure-great way to see the Na Pali Coast”

Napali Kayak - Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 20 Tours in Hanalei
More attraction details
Owner description: NaPali Kayak is an owner operated business that specializes in the Napali coast sea-kayak tour. Our team has experience and Aloha and We are happy to share the beautiful Na Pali coast with our guests. We would like to thank everyone for their positive reviews and invite everyone to see why...
San Diego, California
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 205 helpful votes
“Absolutely Amazing-great adventure-great way to see the Na Pali Coast”
Reviewed February 21, 2010

So much fun-it's 17 miles. The guides will go as slow or as fast as the group can handle. We took breaks to take pictures, go through lave tubes (so cool), eat a lunch, see waterfalls. My boyfriend and I had a fabulous time. The guides said it's the ultimate test of a relationship. I think it's great if you're both active. Previous kayaking experience isn't required. Neither one of us got seasick...but the waves weren't too high when we went.
The views are unforgettable. We saw sea turtles, too. There was also a monk seal on the the shore where we had lunch. A short 5 minute hike there will lead you to waterfall that you can sit under for a unique massage
It takes between 6-10 hours depending on how fast your group is. Definitely worth every penny. I loved this!

brooklyn
“AWESOME...simply amazing!”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

I am writing to express how much FUN my roommate and I had this summer on our Na Pali Kayak adventure with Todd Beatty and Brett Alan Rouse. Our guides were knowledgeable and reliable. I felt completely safe even though I had very limited kayaking experience. We laughed playing with our squirt guns and I cried when I got a little sting from a jellyfish. Michelle and I agree that this trip was AMAZING!

THANKS AGAIN TO OUR GUIDES!

Your Na Pali Sisters,

Sara and Michelle
Brooklyn, NY

To those on this review site who felt the guides should have done MORE...maybe I just enjoy a more independent kind of adventure while still having a safety net...or maybe some New Yorkers need to spend more time in BROOKLYN! ha ha ha

New York City Baby!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Good Kayaking, but find another group”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Only plan on Kayaking the almost 18 mile kayak of the NaPali coast if you really like kayaking. The Coast is beautiful, but it becomes very much the same after a few hours, and this trip lasts many many hours.

My concern with NaPali Kayak is that I felt unsafe: they provide two leaders, one for the front and one for the back. However, toward the end, both leaders moved to the front in an attempt to speed the group up. Unfortunately, I was suffering from heat and general exhaustion (in part caused by a malfunctioning rudder on their kayak). Near the end we capsized the kayak 3 times in quick succession--the leaders were a good 10 minutes away. Afterward they told us that they were "watching us" and that we "looked okay."

We were lucky. Nothing bad happened. I go to the gym 6 days a week and my paddling partner was in good shape too. Others might not have been so lucky.

Also, the manager was far from personal. Any questions I asked while preparing for the trip was met with "look at the FAQ on the website."

There are several other companies doing this tour. You might have better luck elsewheres.

5 Thank Thomas_Traveler
Tennessee
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Absolutely recommend”
Reviewed September 27, 2009

To comment on the negative reviews:
I cannot comment on why the last reviewer went kayaking on the open ocean during the day and did not expect sun and water. But as for the reviews of the guides and the company, that must just be a personality conflict.
My wife and I went out in early May. Spencer, Robin and Josh were all awesome; very friendly and there to help if you needed it. They took time to tell us history and information about the island and various spots we passed. The break in the cave where several of us jumped off the cliff (not just the guides) was refreshing and a ton of fun.
This trip is probably not for you if you're extremely high-maintenance and afraid of a little work. But my wife and I had such a great time that we were disappointed to not get to do it again before we left the island; in fact, we seriously considered extending our trip an extra day to allow us to do so.
One note: take lots of water. We took more than recommended and nearly ran out. Of course, my wife used almost a whole bottle washing her hands off every time she got a little sea water on them, so..... I guess you can be a little high-maintenance and still have a good time after all.

California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Choose a different Tour Company”
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Although others have had good luck with Napali Kayak our day trip down the Napali coastline with them was terrible. This was mostly due to our guides and the director. The lead guide never talked to us other than the beach instruction before taking off which was more giving orders than welcoming or instructing us. He did have fun stopping the tour for 30 minutes while he went cliff diving and we got to watch. Not exactly what we paid for especially after the director had been rude and pushy to one family who was 15 minutes late after their hour and a half drive up from Poipu. Neither guide offered anything in regard to the nature or geography and although the secondary guide was pleasant he spent the afternoon paddling far off from the group.
We did get some guidance from a tour guide from the other major tour company who paddled by us and talked for about 15 minutes about the sea life.
I guess our guides were more interested in the young girls that each sequestered into their kayaks. They seemed to have a great time.
For the rest of us, we felt like cattle being driven to market.

8 Thank Travel_Junkey_9