“Impressed.”

Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Hanalei
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We had a wonderful evening with great tapa's, nice wine list and ambiance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,559)

Reviewed April 22, 2009

This place was actually a surprise to me. Afer I had read some of the reviews on trip advisor I thought it best to stay away. Luckily, my husband saw the menu at Bar Acuda and talked me in to it. I consider myself a "foodie" and was not disappointed. Fine dining in a place that I would not have expected it. Everything just melted in your mouth. The portions were small as they are with any tapas style restaurant. (The idea being that each is a taste and to have a full meal you need to order at least 2-3 per person). I believe in quality vs. quanitiy. This place is not for one who is looking cheap eat. I am glad we were able to make this place part of our vacation.

2  Thank jzipper
Reviewed April 16, 2009

I absolutely cannot believe that a restaurant would think people are stupid enough not to realize the liquor is watered down. The gin and vodka was so watered down that our designated driver was sent home early. Come on, I complained and we were not comped for our drinks. I even mentioned I was going to post a review on Trip Advisor, and nobody cared. Again, the food is great, but if ownership is so stupid to water the booze, then what does that tell you. This won't be the last post because watered booze is a sign of desperation.

Reviewed April 6, 2009

Looks very nice from the outside bso we ventured in. Our mini-meal was OK but very overpriced for the amount you get. Fortunately, one of our group was too ill to eat or we would have not had enough food to go around. Atmoshere is all you get here. You get more food in a Happy Meal...I guess tapa's are not for me. The best part of our Bar Acuda experience...we all got a good laugh out of the amount of food that was served for the price charged. The service was very slow, too. Most disappointing meal of the trip.

Reviewed April 4, 2009

If you have a chance to go to a fabulous restaurant in Hanalei, you must go to Bar Acuda. It's a tapas and wine restaurant. The service is excellent and the food just melts in your mouth. I highly recommend the Humbolt Fog and honeycomb.

1  Thank kevnik