“Love the location, food very good, wines excellent” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bar Acuda
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: American, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fremont, California
“Love the location, food very good, wines excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants in Hanalei. Location is great and if you sit outside you will either see the gloriously mountains or the square in Hanalei. Inside is good too, but its much louder and pretty hot. The bar area where you may end up waiting is loud, fun, and often standing room only - but I like the cocktails quite a bit. This restaurant is mostly small plates designed to share while maximizing flavors. My biggest complaint is that they do not vary the menus enough. Service is always quite good and the staff has always been welcoming. Bar Acuda was begun by folks connected to the French Laundry, very funny as our family is from the Bay Area. But the food will make you feel at home. Fresh, seasonal and full flavors prepared with mediterranean, spanish and hawaiian influences. Favorite Dishes: Honeycomb, goat cheese, and apple; roasted beet with goat cheese, seared Hawaiian fish with tomatoes and pesto, slow braised pork shoulder. We love all the desserts we have ever had here, including the chocolate pot de creme, limoncello, and lilikoi granita...plus the brownie with whatever ice cream they have (esp choc / coffee) is awesome. One of the best things at the restaurant besides the view, food, drinks and service is the wonderful bread. They bake it themselves, its beautiful, fluffy with a nice crust. And you can only get that here! I do think this is one of the best restaurants in the area, and I am in love with cooking and the fresh produce and fish the island provides. I rarely eat out on the island and when we do, it needs to be wonderful. Bar Acuda is a wonderful experience.

Get a reservation because its busy!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Kiawah Island, South Carolina
“Excellent tapas restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

The tapas served were excellent, although the selection is a little limited compared to other tapas restaurants that we've been to. A great break from the traditional Hawaiian restaurants. The atmosphere is lovely as the wrap-aroudn porch is completely enshrined in shrubs so you can't see the parking lot or main street.

• Visited November 2013
Stockton, California
“A great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This highly recommended Tapas bar lived up to all recommendations: service was delightful, had reservations and we were seated immediately. Our waitress had great suggestions and we ordered several yummy dishes. The dishes were small. The flavors all excellent (especially the scallop)! It is a nice place so I expected it to be a little pricey, but what the heck, that's what vacations are. I'd recommend it highly!

• Visited November 2013
Wayland, Massachusetts
“A very special evening!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I had a very special birthday celebration dinner at Bar Acuda. We sat out on the deck on a beautiful warm October evening. The food and the atmosphere were amazing! I especially loved the pizzetta, the scallop dish and the spare ribs! I only wished the tapas portions were a bit bigger for sharing since there were 4 of us. A special evening that I will never forget! We look forward to coming back!

Visited October 2013
S. Pasadena CA
“Mosquitos made the visit their meal, not ours”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I was so looking forward to our dinner. It was a lovely night and we chose an outside table because it was too warm indoors. Big mistake. Within five minutes I have over half a dozen mosquito bites on my ankles and was itching madly. There was no way to enjoy our tapas as I was miserable and uncomfortable. We would have moved inside, but no tables were available. The waitress was kind and apologetic, but this was our anniversary celebration and it was basically ruined. The food was fine, but as others have said, overpriced. We probably won't be returning.

Visited October 2013