“Typical Beach Bar”

Ranked #12 of 55 Restaurants in Hanalei
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nothing to complain about, food was good, drinks were good. Wouldn't go out of my way to eat here, but would dine again. Prices were fair and service was good.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,274)

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We weren't sure where our Hanalei wandering would take us yesterday, and we are so happy that we ended up at Kalypso! Not only was our server Kiana pleasant and "island-welcoming" but we just so happened upon the place during Happy Hour time.

The coconut shrimp with Island Salsa (you can taste the fresh fruit in it) and Thai Chili Sauce were so great that we ordered a second round of them. Our Mai Tai's were on Happy Hour pricing, and they were refreshing and fun to enjoy.

Not once did we feel like a tourist here - all of the staff made us feel so welcome. I bet we'll go back to catch the World Cup Soccer as they open up at 6am for all of the early games.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We went to Kalypso on advice from one of the gals at our resort. Was I happy we decided to!! :) We had coconut shrimp (always yummy in my book) with Mango chutney and Macho Nachos! At first I wasn't excited about the nachos, but once I tried them, I was so happy we had gotten them! They were delicious!! And for an appetizer, it was a lot of food! There were 4 of us and between each of us having a drink, the shrimp and the nachos, we didn't need anything else. I was great!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a lively place to catch the NBA finals and enjoy an afternoon drink and appetizer. We expected Kalypso to be typical island "bar food;" however, we were really pleasantly surprised with the flavors, service, and all-around experience. My mai tai was one of the best I had on the island, and my poke / calamari appetizer was delicious -- very nicely seasoned. We sat in one of the little outside "nooks," and the whole experience was delightful!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were out and about shopping and decided to stop in for a bite to eat. I had the jalapeño cheeseburger and my husband had the fish tacos. Both meals were fantastic. My husband had a chili vodka Bloody Mary and he said it was the best he ever had! The waffle fries were amazing! Our waitress was super friendly. We would definitely eat there again.