“Very Tasty! Better than Expected!”

Kalypso Island Bar and Grill
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Hanalei
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a lively place to catch the NBA finals and enjoy an afternoon drink and appetizer. We expected Kalypso to be typical island "bar food;" however, we were really pleasantly surprised with the flavors, service, and all-around experience. My mai tai was one of the best I had on the island, and my poke / calamari appetizer was delicious -- very nicely seasoned. We sat in one of the little outside "nooks," and the whole experience was delightful!

There are newer reviews for Kalypso Island Bar and Grill

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were out and about shopping and decided to stop in for a bite to eat. I had the jalapeño cheeseburger and my husband had the fish tacos. Both meals were fantastic. My husband had a chili vodka Bloody Mary and he said it was the best he ever had! The waffle fries were amazing! Our waitress was super friendly. We would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had some great drinks at this casual island restaurant with live music. Very kid friendly and the best nachos in town. I also had some Ono (whaoo) fish and chips which were amazing. Good food, music, and very kid friendly.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I LOVE Kalypso's! We just returned from a 17-day trip to the island of Kauai, and this place is definitely our favorite restaurant on the island. On the weekends they have live music, which added to the charm. Great location, with fun outdoor/porch seating. Incredible, affordable food. Totally loved the Fish Tacos and I loved the Ono and Crab Wrap. Great atmosphere, too! We were there during the U.S./Portugal World Cup game, and the place was electric! (it's a sports bar, so they have the tv's around the bar, if you want to watch). Super great vibe and we'll definitely miss this spot.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

So disappointing. Coconut shrimp were overcooked and dry. Weirdest fried calamari ever with no t entices (best part) and looked like fat worms. But worst of all was an inedible artichoke spinach dip connoction which should be removed from the menu and toss out the recipe into oblivion. Don't waste your time or $'s here. The staff was very pleasant smiling and friendly.