“Good sports bar in Princeville”

Kalypso Island Bar and Grill
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
WI
“Good sports bar in Princeville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We really wanted to watch the Packer football game during our vacation so we donned our green and gold jerseys and headed to Kalypso's. In less than 5 minutes into the first quarter, we were surrounded by other Packer fans. Made for a fun game. Food was fine and the beer was cold. Be prepared as it did get pretty warm because everything is open air. Honestly, I'd like some air conditioning, but I guess when in Hawaii you need to adapt.

• Visited October 2013

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Happy Hour Mai Tai's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I loved the nachos and Mai Tai's I got to try when I visited Kalypso after a hot day at the beach. On another visit the Strawberry Daiquiri my friend had was awesome, a shame I only got a taste. The service was prompt and friendly and I am looking to going back one day when the opportunity arises.

• Visited October 2013
Ferndale, Washington
“Fun place and food good enough to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was the first place that we went to for dinner during our 2 week stay and we ended up coming back twice more. The fish and chips were very good along with the fish tacos. I had seen Loco Moco ordered by others but had it for the very first time at Kalypso. What one would expect, but the gravy made the meal and the burger was cooked most excellant.

Visited November 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Tasty food, good mai tais”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stopped here for lunch while in Hanalei at the suggestion of a friend who'd been here before and remembered the mai tais being good (we had to test if it was true or simply a mai-tai induced opinion!). We were seated quickly and the waitress was friendly and efficient. I had a grilled chicken panini that was super hot when it arrived, and huge. It was melty and delicious, and big enough to last me for lunch and dinner the next day. My friend and I also had 2 rounds of mai tais - one pre-happy hour, one during. The mai tais were pretty good and didn't have that pre-packaged mix taste they sometimes have at luaus and stuff. These were good! I'd go back. It's definitely not fine cuisine, but for what it is it's good food and good service.

• Visited November 2013
Santa Monica, California
“Fine for brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Nice menu selection for brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.

We had great pancakes for brunch on Sunday morning, joining the crowd watching the pro football games here. We paid less for brunch here than we do eating out in Southern California on Sunday mornings.

We returned the following Saturday for brunch again. Hardly anybody there watching college football. Only complaint was that the servings were too big -- loco moco and omelet.

• Visited November 2013