“Great Lunch and Service”

Kalypso Island Bar and Grill
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Hanalei
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
MontgomeryAL
“Great Lunch and Service”
Reviewed February 2, 2008

We wandered up to this place after a morning on the beach. We were seated immediately and a nice looking young lady asked for our drinks within 3 or 4 minutes.

I ordered the fish and chips and my wife had the coconut shrimp. The food was good and service was good throughout. There were quite a few locals eating there which is always a good sign.

I'm sorry other folks have had a poor experience. Our lunch at Kalypso's was just one more part of a perfect experience in Hanalei.

I'm ready to spend the rest of my vacation life in this community! (Just don't tell anyone I said that)

boston
“kaCRAPso”
Reviewed January 12, 2008

overpriced
horrible, rude service
worst restaurant by far in Hanalei...try Dolphin, or that Brazilian Mexican place

3 Thank hanaleibay
boston
“awful service, stay away”
Reviewed January 11, 2008

My boyfriend and I had an awful experience at this restaurant. The service was terrible. When my boyfriend ordered a beer, the waitress obnoxiously replied, “Well are you getting any food, or are you just going to have that?” After waiting at least ten minutes for a waitress to come back to our sticky table, we ended up ordering some mediocre fish tacos and an egg burrito loaded with too much rice. Then, I made the mistake of not looking at my bill before giving the waitress my credit card (I figured it’d be another 15 minutes before I saw her again and wanted to leave as soon as possible). When I went to sign the charge, I noticed the waitress had added an extra four items to my credit card, doubling the bill. After explaining this to her, she unapologetically told me she could not give me a receipt showing that she had cancelled out the charge. We talked to the manager who was equally rude and also told us there would be no receipt canceling out the bill. This place was sketchy and rude, and as there are so many awesome places to eat in the area, I’d never go back.

1 Thank BostonLauraL
thomanje
“Dont bother”
Reviewed November 8, 2007

Too expensive, very slow service, small beer selection and slightly below average food. Worst place to eat in hanalei

California
“The Best RESTauranT in Hanalei.!”
Reviewed September 14, 2007

Kalypso is the bESt!! and it serves the best food, My dad is the Cheff. The food is delicious!! mmm.. =)

2 Thank lOrE219