“Good food, friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanalei Gourmet

Hanalei Gourmet
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belelvue, WA
“Good food, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

After being rebuffed at Bouchons, we headed for Hanalei Gourmet, right across the street. Despite the crowd we received prompt, friendly service. The food (all of us had a variation of fresh island fish) was great, and good value to boot. We would highly recommend Hanalei Gourmet

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Pretty good overall.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2010

Our friend that lives in Kapaa drove in to bring us to dinner and wanted to bring us the Hanalei Gourmet- so that says something for it right there. The service was great, great atmosphere, dress anyway you like. They loved their fish and chips, I had the fish of the day. They were thrilled about theirs and I really like mine. I would go back, but other places would be further up on the list.

Tustin, California
“Great Fish Tacos - Go on Thursday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

Happened to go to the Hanalei Gourmet for dinner on Thursday night. It was fish taco night which meant for $11.95 we got 2 fish(mahi mahi) tacos with rice and beans. These are traditional fried fish tacos with the creamy sauce. My wife and I both had the taco plate and it was very good. Rivaled any fish tacos I have had. And for the price....you can't beat it. Atmosphere was fun. There is a bar in the restaurant which had quite a few people at it. As others have described, it is in an old school house and has a great old feel to it. We would definitely eat here again...especially on Thursday night.

Dallas, Texas
“Great Place for Lunch or Dinner or Anytime”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

Such lovely friendly service. Very clean and not pricey. We go in here several times every trip to Kauai. Sometimes for an appetizer or lunch. Sometimes for a cold beer or a Passionjuice Margarita. The peel and eat shrimp is great for a snack with some lovely bread and cocktail sauce.Everyone who works there is very friendly and helpful. Food is good.
Fish sandwiches are good also.

San Diego, California
“Ehhh...just ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

I do love the setting in the old Hanalei school...very quaint and right in the middle of town. I asked the server for her recommendation between the two specials that peaked my interest - ahi fish & chips or the Thai ahi wrap. She recommended the ahi fish sandwich. OK...that doesn't happen very often...kind of built up my anticipation. I was really craving the homemade lemonade, which made it so disappointing to suck up sour lemon water (isn't sugar a Hawaiian specialty?). My sandwich was average and over-priced for what it was...the $13.95 price tag could have been justified if they threw on something gourmet (like carmelized onions. I didn't know whether to be disgruntled that I was steered away from something better or grateful that I was saved from eating something worse. I may go back here during my occasional week stays, but only if I'm really burned out on the better places...

• 2 of 5 bubbles