“I finally tried the ahi”
Review of Hanalei Gourmet

Hanalei Gourmet
Ranked #17 of 55 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had been weary of trying ahi due to the deep red color and assumed it was a very strong flavor. Something about this place made me go for it and give it a try. I got the ahi n chips. WOW. I was so wrong about ahi and it was flaky and fresh. I believe I got ahi 3-4 more times while on our trip. My wife got a caesar salad and coconut shrimp and she ate every bite. The atmosphere is fair, but plenty of people watching if that is your thing. Friendly staff and filled us up.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed July 23, 2014

No A/C here and the air was still but that did not detract from the good food and cold beer on tap. Two of us had salads that were crisp and refreshing. The special fresh fish with grilled veggies and rice were a balanced meal after a day of hiking and swimming. VT fans will find a warm welcome.

1  Thank A Y
Reviewed July 14, 2014

specials can be good, salads can be too...great bartender Aimee...makes her specialty drinks..fun place and more affordable than others in Hanalei..

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The fish & chips were fresh & very good, wife had a chicken sandwich which was very good as well. My son had nacho's not that great, but he should have known better. We ordered nacho's 5 times in kauai while on our vacation-Mexican food is not they're deal on the island, even when ordered with pork or fish.

I gave them five stars because our service for lunch was excellent, & they were especially busy. For those looking for good iced tea that doesn't come out of a machine, they brew their own sun tea. You can see the jars out the back door as you are eating, for those of you having to put up with that nasty stuff out of the fountain, that's enough to give them a 5 star.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Located in an old school, it is the kind of place where you immediately feel comfortable. The food is fresh and good, what we consider typical of Kauai (this is a compliment). The service excellent. The value is OK. We have eaten there twice this trip and will go again.