“Great intimate family style luau”

Tahiti Nui Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 55 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Went to the Wednesday night luau with our group of 10. Loved it! Folks staying on North Shore should really consider this one. Got to watch the pig coming out of the pit (with explanation of how it was all set up), great Mai Tais, food was quite good for buffet, and show was sweet (really good dancers, singers, musicians).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This place has always piqued my interest on 5 prior trips to Hanalei. This month, I took the plunge and went here with my wife for drinks and dinner. Very old school, nostalgic tiki bar and cool that it was featured in a number of motion pictures. Not cool that it is so dark you can't see the cockroaches scampering across the table in front of you, and the bartender I'm afraid was a real grouch, preparing weak drinks that albiet, were not that expensive for Hawaii. Worth a quick look and fast drink, but don't stick around for more than that.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

After having read reviews for other luaus in Kauai, I am so happy we found this one. Tahiti Nui Luau is a family/community run luau. You get a real feeling for the island and the Hawaiian culture without all the "Disney" style show.
We enjoyed the Mai-Tai's and a delicious buffet dinner. They even took us outside to see the pit where the pig was roasting. It was one of our best nights out.
We also had lunch in the main restaurant and it was also very good.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We went to see our new Tahitian friends, Formerz Ana' perform and were pleasantly surprised with the friendly, warm, atmosphere overall of Tahiti Nui's. I must say that their Fruit Punch with Kettle One is not bad either! It felt like family.

1  Thank Suzanne H
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Went to try the MaiTai and it was fabulous. Unfortunately that night they were out of everything from French Fries (who runs out of french fries) to Steak. My son ordered a hamburger and they put a small mound of potato chip (that looked like they came from the bottom of the bag) on the plate. After my first 3 tries at ordering (they were out of everything) I ended with a Caesar Salad. It was fine, but that's about all. There are better food choices, like the Hanalei Gourmet. But if you want cocktails and music this place is your best bet.