“Could live here”

Tahiti Nui Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 47 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: American, Bar, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Tacoma Wa.
“Could live here”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Friendly place,had a great pulled pork sandwich,Becky the bartender was very nice,as were the people at he bar,reminded me of home,I wish I could have went back a few more times.This is what vacations are about.Good food, good times,good people!

Salmo, Canada
“Best in the Universe !”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I love Tahiti Nui and had not been there in over 30 years. It still has the aloha spirit of Kauai and really good music, and dancers and spontaneity. My friend and I went every night we could when not on other areas of the island. We enjoyed the pizza, the music, the aloha and it is and always will be my favourite bar/restaurant in the Universe!

Woodbine, Maryland
“Funky Hawaiian Bar in Hanalei”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Tahiti Nui is an open- air , grass weave ceiling panel, old time bar on the main road in Hanelei.
The entertainment changes nightly. The night I stopped by for a mai tai and dinner, a slack key trio performed. The mai tai and pizza were excellent and the trio was instructive as well as entertaining.
TIPS. Arrive early-as in before sunset. It took three tries before i got in the door. It was well worth the wait.

Pennsylvania
“A fun place”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A tavern where locals stop to have a beer during the day and tourists come for a bite to eat with a beverage or two in the evening.
The fun part comes with the entertainment and sometimes hula dancers. String instruments play Hawaiian music and talk about the islands.
A scene from the movie, "The Decendants" was filmed here but the real reason to visit here is the great local flavor to the place. When you get inside, it feels like 1955 all over again.

NE PA
“Very Strange Experience”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We ate at Tahiti Nui on a previous trip and I thought it was decent food with a cool island vibe. My wife wasn't all that impressed. So on this trip I had to talk her into trying it again. The first night we stopped in around 4:30 and thought we'd have Happy Hour drinks and an appetizer before dinner. The waitress said that they don't serve any type of food until 5. We decided we would return another night. The next night we got there exactly at 5 and the waitress pointed to a row of tables and said take any table over there. She came over to the table to take our drink order and when we inquired about appetizers she said we couldn't place an order until 5:30. Ok this place seemed very wacky and unorganized but the live music was setting up and we thought no problem, we can kill 30 minutes and then take our time while we eat and listen to the music. She served us our drinks and returned at 5:30 and said we could order food now. So we ordered an appetizer and when she brought it we ordered a pizza. Around 6:00 we had finished our appetizer and were waiting for our pizza. A different waitress came over and asked us and the people on both sides of us if had been told that our tables were all reserved for a large group at 6:30. It had not been mentioned to any of us when we were seated and at that point none of us had gotten our meals. She suggested we might want to go in the back room and find a table to move to before they were all taken. We were all shocked that they even had the nerve to ask. About 6:15 our pizza arrived and I told her she could have our table as soon as she brought my bill and a box for the pizza. We ate a slice while we waited and then boxed up the rest, paid and left at 6:30. The one table next to us had to go to the back room because they hadn't been brought their food yet. The other table was very upset and acted like they might stand firm and not leave until they were dar good and ready. The whole experience was somewhat embarrassing and handled VERY unprofessionally. I doubt I'll be able to talk my wife into trying it again.

BTW...The bruschetta was ok and the pizza was fair but the crust was burned. The music was great what little we were able to listen to it.

• Visited February 2013