“What has happened to my favorite Hanalei Kauai haunt?”

Tahiti Nui Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 47 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Sonoma, California
“What has happened to my favorite Hanalei Kauai haunt?”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

On my frequent trips to Kauai, my traveling companions and I always end up at the Tahiti Nui,at least two or three times; enjoying a late lunch, dinner and/ or Hawaiian music. The staff have always been welcoming and friendly(the draw for us) but lately something has changed. The welcoming familiar faces are often not there and the Aloha missing. It is a real loss to see the Nui become so impersonal. I can only hope that this is a temporary glitch and the wonderful fun Nui, where regulars and tourists fill the room with laughter and Aloha is just on a temporary leave.

• Visited January 2013

Sebastopol, California
“What a blast!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place is like something out of an Elvis Presley movie: you expect to see him bounding out of the kitchen in a t-shirt and shorts, singing a surfing song! It's exactly what I imagine a South Seas bar in the 50's should look like. There's very good Hawaiian music, and the pizza is to die for. Go! Definitely! It's a kick!

• Visited February 2013
Illinois
“Fun Place”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stop in for a bite to eat and/or a drink and I am pretty sure that you won't want to leave. Good food, Hawaiian music, and great atmosphere. We have only been twice, but both times we have really enjoyed this place.

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Our home base when in Hanalei”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Love Tahiti Nui. This is the establishment we spend the most time in when in Hanalei/Princeville. Perfect tiki bar with a lot of history (proof is all over the walls). Nice beer selection and the food is really good. Favorites are the ahi tuna sandwich, kalua pork sandwich, pizza, and the macadamia encrusted ono. I actually think the ono pulled out in front as my favorite after our last trip. Great live music at night. A cool tidbit is that Tahiti Nui is where scenes were filmed for The Descendants. Our Kauai vacation never really starts until we're having our first beer at the Nui!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank NaPaliCoast
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing evening!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

All I can say is this was one of the most fun evenings I have ever had and it was in paradise. When my wife and I saw the movie "The Descendants" last winter, I made a mental note, knowing that we were going to Kuahi that spring. I cannot speak of the food, I am sure it is awesome, but the staff, the drinks ( especially the Mai Tai's ) and the karaoke were amazing. The locals that were there made this a great evening for us and our friends and we will tell everyone, that when your in Kuahi, make a trip to the north shore, let your hair down and enjoy what the north shore is all about at "Tahiti Nui"!

• Visited April 2012