“Our home base when in Hanalei”

Tahiti Nui Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 50 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Love Tahiti Nui. This is the establishment we spend the most time in when in Hanalei/Princeville. Perfect tiki bar with a lot of history (proof is all over the walls). Nice beer selection and the food is really good. Favorites are the ahi tuna sandwich, kalua pork sandwich, pizza, and the macadamia encrusted ono. I actually think the ono pulled out in front as my favorite after our last trip. Great live music at night. A cool tidbit is that Tahiti Nui is where scenes were filmed for The Descendants. Our Kauai vacation never really starts until we're having our first beer at the Nui!

2  Thank NaPaliCoast

Reviewed February 11, 2013

All I can say is this was one of the most fun evenings I have ever had and it was in paradise. When my wife and I saw the movie "The Descendants" last winter, I made a mental note, knowing that we were going to Kuahi that spring. I cannot speak of the food, I am sure it is awesome, but the staff, the drinks ( especially the Mai Tai's ) and the karaoke were amazing. The locals that were there made this a great evening for us and our friends and we will tell everyone, that when your in Kuahi, make a trip to the north shore, let your hair down and enjoy what the north shore is all about at "Tahiti Nui"!

1  Thank Daryl D
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Live music, Louder crowd, lively fun to be there. May not be the best for kids after say 6.30 pm.
.Prices reasonable we had a Margarita each and dear reader i had to ask for more lemon juice to water it down no lack of alcohol there. The place to rip it up in Hanalei Bay

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Dropped into Hanalei to see what was available for dinner.
With many choices on trip advisor and yelp, was going to be tough to choose. But we saw the activity around Tahiti Nui and decided to see if they had a table. Well it wasnt a table for just us, but they squeezed the two of us into a table of 8. Very cozy and our fellow diners were very friendly. The food was very tasty, tuni rolls, salad, and pizza for us And the Music was the best.
A jazzy rock version of Hawaiian music, with very cute hula girls.
Service was very friendly and very efficient. Beer was perfect.
Great end to an evening... laughed all the way home.

2  Thank Rick L
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Tahiti Nui is a must for a wonderful loving luau. The family run restaurant staff are so caring about their food and your enjoyment. The Luau's are Wednesday only from 5-8 PM. It's Polynesian but the most genuine of luau's that I've found on the islands. We have been disappointed by many, especially the hotel luaus. We were greeted by generous MaiTai's, took part in the Imu Ceremony (removing the pig from the pit, tasting and sampling), treated to the most heartfelt and moving music by Mitsu, dancing by his beautiful wife Vicki, more dancing by three others, more fantastic dancing by a little girl, and ...... a fire dance ! I didn't mention the wonderful family style food..16 different Island foods. Others went back for seconds, I don't know how because we had huge plates! At the end, we formed a unity circle while Hawaiian music was played. Tahiti Nui no ka ai! ( Tahiti Nui is the BEST!) Mahalo Nui loa Tahiti Nui for the most warm, friendliest experience on the island.... it reminded me of years ago on Kauai.

2  Thank marjieP