“Excellent Sushi”

Bouchons Grill and Sushi Bar
Ranked #18 of 51 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This relaxed second story open air restaurant greets you with stunning views of Hanalei mountains and waterfalls. Customers come back time and time again for the Pacific-American fare including locally caught seafood, St. louis ribs, signature fish and chips and a premier sushi bar second to none. Great food at affordable prices.-a rare find on the North Shore. Fabulous cocktails and local beers on tap make it a perfect spot for socializing with an ambience that cannot be missed!
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Those in our group of ten that had the sushi thought it was very good. The two people that had the cooked food thought it was just good. Recommend for sushi only.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed July 18, 2009

I guess we werent expecting sushi at all when we got there and heard the live music, but once we saw the tsunami roll, we knew we were in heaven. Ended up coming back a second time just for the tsunami roll, but the burgers and coconut shrimp were also pretty good. It was the only place we found at the time that also had live music (classic rock type)

Reviewed July 5, 2009

I've been frequenting Sushi Blues for 10 years. Last year it changed to Bouchons. I tried it for the first time last week. The service was okay, the food was a little better than okay, but the overall experience left me longing for Sushi Blues. We waited 30 min. for my daughters (kraft macaroni and cheese) she was severed one small bowl, and the sides that come with the other kids meals, we were told, did not apply to the mac n' cheese.
I don't mind paying good money for good food....but I'm really not fond of paying good money for mediocre food and the wait staff's unwillingness to please the customer.
I'm so sorry this didn't turn out well, I was so hoping to have a wonderful experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2009

Open air restaurant upstairs in Ching Young Village shopping center in downtown Hanalei. VERY slow service, but the food was good as were the cocktails. We went there with our 4 year old and 2 year old at about 6pm for dinner. They didn't have milk for the kids, and they claimed they had a kids' menu, but none were printed for us to review. We ordered edamame for the kids, and the waitress forgot to bring it out when she brought our sushi. Our kids were going bonkers with the wait time and then no service of the food for them. It could have been an 'off' night for the wait staff. The sushi was good, and the adults enjoyed our cocktails. I would probably order take out and eat it at your condo if you have kids. Just make them an easy kid meal at home and enjoy your take out sushi.

Reviewed June 13, 2009

I am by no means a master in sushi, but I have been a professional cook in New York City for over 2 years and been in the Industry for nearly 12...so with that said I wouldn't recommend the place. My girlfriend and I sat at the bar and were brought drinks promptly by what seemed to be a board bartender (maybe b/c the place was dead). She decided to have the spring roles with a Cali role, and I decided to go for the Tres Imigo
and Spider role. While waiting for our food (not long) we had a chance to scope out the place a bit. I noticed behind the sushi bar the two
individuals who were preparing the food were dressed in street clothes with white aprons ("how do you want your burger cooked duuude?"). Nonetheless our food arrived on time. My lady said she's had much
better Cali roles at other places but enjoyed the spring roles. My two roles were sloppily put together. The Tres Imigo Role was slight seared (raw fish side) which made the presentation completely retarded. The crab inside was good but should be served as a separate entity and not in a role. The spider role tasted good but was kind of falling apart. We'll try somewhere else for good food.