“Excellent service, delicious mai tai and great food”
Review of Bouchons

Bouchons
Ranked #17 of 47 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our relaxed and spacious second story, open-air restaurant has a great ambiance and best picture taking views of Hanalei's mountains and waterfalls. Visitors and locals come time and time again for Bouchon's Pacific-American menu that's filled with a great selection of fresh homemade pupus, local caught seafood, teriyaki chicken, ribs and a premier sushi bar second to none. The famous Copper Bar serves up everything from soft drinks to Saki, including our very popular Mai-Tai. Located in the heart of Hanalei, we have the perfect gathering place to enjoy with family and friends.
Folsom, CA
“Excellent service, delicious mai tai and great food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love when your server has a passion for the food. Our server was knowledgable about the menu, had helpful recommendations and was very friendly. I really appreciate this kind of service.

The food was equally delicious. My husband had sushi and I had teriyaki chicken. The mai tai was the best one I had on our trip (but not necessarily the best one I ever had).

Bon appétit!

Visited August 2013
jedward84, Owner at Bouchons, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
It makes me very happy to hear this type of positive feedback. We work hard to makes sure our service is attentive, and our food and drinks tasty – so, it's awesome to hear that you appreciated all of that! Thanks for your review, Stephanie!

Maholo,

Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy casual”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed eating here our first night in the Princeville area. Some upscale dishes, along with bar food and fresh options. Something for everyone.

Visited March 2013
jedward84, Owner at Bouchons, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thanks for spreading the good word! I'm glad that you were able to visit, and I hope you enjoyed your stay. If you visit again, we hope to see you here!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice looking place but average food”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The location is nice in Chin Young village. The food was not bad, but nothing special. The server was adequate, but there was a lot of socialization with her younger coworkers. I would not go out of my way to return here as there are so many other choices in Hanalei.

Visited July 2013
jedward84, Owner at Bouchons, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Hi Ruth, I'm disappointed that we fell into the average category in your book. We want our employees to communicate and enjoy their time while they're working, but not to the point that it hinders our service. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm curious — what did you have to order? Thank you again for offering us some feedback.

Redwood City
“Great Food, Reasonable Prices, Great Service”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The locals recommend this place. Bouchons has an awesome ambiance in this upstairs open air restaurant overlooking the Hanalei Strip and the Hanalei Mountains. The seafood is super fresh and the sushi is better than most other sushi restaurants on the island. Our server Ivory was kind, friendly and made us feel special. Tired of paying outragious Kauai restaurant prices? This place has reasonable priced food that is great quality. They have a full service bar with many drink specials. You can also find items like ribs, and steak on the menu, along with seafood specials and an array of appetizers, soups and salads. They don't rush you so you can relax and feel at home. We will for sure eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
jedward84, Proprietor at Bouchons, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thanks! I enjoyed reading your review—and plan on passing your compliments along to the staff. We work hard to offer the most comfortable environment that we can, so it makes me happy to hear that you picked up on that. Hope you're doing well! Please do come back and see us again.

Citrus Heights, California
“Fantastic Food!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is our third vacation to Kauai in as many years, and we visit Bouchons every time. The view is fantastic, the food is excellent, and the service is second to none. They actually want your business. They're just as good for families with toddlers as they are for a couple on their honeymoon. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
jedward84, Proprietor at Bouchons, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
You hit it right on the money—thanks for your positive review and recommendation, Ethan! Hope to see you back down the line. Our fantastic food and awesome view isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Best,