“Great Dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Very good healthy food.
Fish heavy menu, with very high quality offerings.
Not cheap but very good food

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Postcards is only open for dinner. They only take reservations for parties of 4 or more. They are accustomed to couples queuing up at front door at opening at 5. It is kind of a small place but they turn tables pretty quickly. That was one of the things I didn't love about it. They want to take your order quickly after you sit down and they start asking if they can clear dishes when you are clearly not finished with the dish. It felt rushed and we were on vacation and just wanted to relax. The menu was interesting in that there was a variety of choices. My husband had the fresh catch of the day but he did not finish it and he just said it was okay. I am vegetarian and had some type of Thai dish. Again it was okay, not great. Their portions are large. The building and the surrounding yard seemed special but the food was not special. Not bad just not great.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

What a great find! We were delayed by a highway closure and our teenager, having seen this in a guide book, asked if we could stop. It was casual culinary arts at it's best. We were able to walk in our shorts and t-shirts after a day of snorkeling, but we would have been comfortable if we had been more dressed up. The bread and macadamia nut butter were fresh and scrumptious. I will have to travel back to Kauai to try the Thai coconut rice noodles with shrimp. My husband shared a small sample and it was amazing! Our desserts were divine.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We chose to go to Postcards instead of the Hanalei Dolphin because of the negative reviews we read. Boy! Did we make the right decision! Apparently they don't take reservations for parties of two, so we got there about 15 minutes before they opened. They were very friendly, and allowed us to hang out on the patio till 5.30. We both chose the catch of the day. My husband had he be, which he's never tasted; he chose to have it blackened, with Mac nut butter. I chose the other catch of the day, Hawaiian sea bass, also blackened, and it was to die for! To my taste buds, the pineapple pepper sauce was too spicy; it overpowered the sea bass. This wasn't their fault; I chose it. We didn't have room for dessert, so can't comment on them. I can say, however, that the wine list was eclectic, wines from different countries and of different varieties.
The restaurant is expensive, but that's Hawaii.

Would we go back? We can't wait!!

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Postcards Cafe is such a quaint restaurant with great ambience.
The food is beautifully prepared and presented.
The staff is well informed to specials and they explain specific nuances regarding the menu.
I highly recommend this restaurant!