“Great Food, relaxed atmosphere and warm and entertaining staff!!”

Chicken In A Barrel BBQ
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Oceanside, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, relaxed atmosphere and warm and entertaining staff!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This place is in beautiful Hanalei. We liked that the atmosphere is laid back, food is great. The staff are very friendly and quite entertaining!! We ate there twice and had great service both visits. Good value and generous portions

Philadelphia
“OK but not much more”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Heard raves about this place so got a half chicken for our first night's meal. Didn't live up to the hype. Surprised to be paying more than $10 for HALF a chicken, but that's Hawaii -- chickens in the road but expensive if you want to eat them.

Visited August 2013
Corona, California
“The best chicken I have ever had!!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The best chicken I have ever had!!! I had the sampler plate.. The ribs were the best I have ever had.. The staff was great!!!

• Visited September 2012
Sanford, NC
“Nice variety of food choices...”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We ate lunch here and each of our group ordered something different, except my wife and I. We shared the sampler platter. There is more than enough food for two people on a sampler. The chicken and ribs were great. The BBQ was good, but not the best I have eaten. The chili was delicious! They have fountain drinks with unlimited refills, and an area to sit and eat.

Certainly a place to seek out when in Hanalei when you want a good meal. Expect the prices to be higher because of the location...North Shore, but remember that, in most cases, two can eat from one plate and thus make the price very reasonable.

The service is a non entity. You order and pick up your food when it is ready...and there is no other contact with anyone at the restaurant.

I can certainly recommend this place!

Corte Madera, California
“Awesome slow cook bar b q”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We use this method at our duck club in California and these boys do it right. Everything is moist and seasoned perfectly. Maybe the best sauce I have had in a long time and I have enjoyed bar b q all over this country. KC Dallas and Nashville. You won't be disappointed not cheap but remember this is slow cooking with prime meats and chicken. Worth every penny super casual and even the french fries were perfect!! My go to spot for good food in Kauai. No pretense just good food. Also perfect to take back to your condo or hotel and can even make great sandwiches the following day.