“Worth the search”
Review of Opakapaka Gourmet Food Truck - CLOSED

Opakapaka Gourmet Food Truck
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Opakapaka Food Truck believes that good food starts with quality ingredients. Our menu reflects this philosophy and each dish is handmade from scratch using premium quality meats, Hawaiian seafood and the freshest local and organic vegetables in season. We aim to create hand crafted gourmet food that is convenient, affordable and above all delicious. Every dish is made and delivered with care and a smile from chef A.J. Irons and his partner Jessi Anderson. Our menu is meant to delight everyone from foodies, to hungry surfers, or to just about anyone lucky enough to be here on this beautiful island of Kauai. Opakapaka’s mission is about inspiring and satisfying our customers with bold, fresh and exciting cuisine.Healthy, Delicious and Affordable Food on Kauai.Our end goal is to grow as an outstanding business by serving extraordinary yet affordable gourmet food that supports other local businesses while being extremely aware of our environmental responsibility. Our success is measured when we see people really enjoying their food and coming back again and again.Consistent Food + Consistent Flavor.By setting our standards high and paying attention to detail our patrons can be assured that the flavor of our food will be the same every time — no matter what time of day it is, or even what day it is. Every bite of our scrumptious food will be layered with ono* flavors inside and out and will taste the same every time you order it. Bring your appetite and we’ll see you on the street.* Ono – Hawaiian word for good
Carlsbad, California
“Worth the search”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Not an easy truck to find but totally worth the search. As we drove down Weke Rd, we thought the address and direction must be off but we prceeded and were greatly rewarded! Trust the address. Keep driving to the end of Weke and drive thru what appears to be a private area. The bright royal blue food truck is in a chain linked grassy area facing the Hanalei River.

We are so glad we didn't get discouraged. Once we found it, we were greeted by 2 nice young guys who handed us a menu and explained what is what. I had the curry chicken skewers and my husband had the beef sliders. Both were excellent though I think my chicken was superior to the sliders. The jasmine rice was flavorful and green beans were done to perfection! I like my veggies slightly cooked with a little crunch so it was perfect for me.

So with the causal outdoor picnic setting and clean, fresh, delicious food, this place is a winner. Hopefully, their remote, difficult to find location will not hinder their success. They need signs directing people to their location and hopefully they can work that out with the city.

2 Thank scoshi

“AWESOME LOCATION”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This food truck location is off the beaten path and not easy to find but is completely worth the effort. Nice picnic tables with umbrellas literally 5 feet from the Hanalei river. There are kayakers and SUP going up and down the river which are fun to watch and you can see people surfing in Hanalei bay too.
Oh and the food is something else. This is not your normal food truck, no fish tacos for one!
You would be hard pressed to find 5star food like this in any of the top restaurants here. The sauces that these guys make are amazing. It's cheaper, outside and
hassle free.
Get off the beaten path, relax, have some really good food and watch the surfing.
But call for directions first!

rutherford
“better good then most restaurants”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

there food is truly gourmet!! I had organic brown rice with a sizable piece of grilled fish cooked to
perfection with amazing fresh green beans in a spicy mustard sauce. I hate,, hate, hate tarter sauce but theirs was truly amazing!! all for $13!!! their in a crazy location so either call them for directions which I did or follow these: weke rd to hanalei pier make a right into a street that looks like you shouldn't go down looks like a construction area with some yellow dividers off to the side then make your first left into a lot where kayakers go off the river and there they are !!! I can't wait to go back !!

Walnut Creek, California
“FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Seek this place out. After a great, long day on the river, what a great surprise. Awesome sliders..probably the best we've ever had. Quick service and nice people. Will definitely be back.

Highly recommended!

Visited August 2013
California
“Excellent food at bargain prices!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had one of the best meals of our trip at Opakapaka Gourmet Food Truck at the end of Weke Rd. in Hanalei. My husband and I both had the delicious fresh ahi and coconut rice. I had mine with salad that came with some of the best dressing I've ever had. My husband had his with green beans that were cooked to perfection. At $13 a plate, the food was better than many of our dinners where we paid twice as much or more. Give it a try. They're open from 11:30-3:30, Tues.-Fri.

• Visited July 2013