“Excellent food at bargain prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Opakapaka Gourmet Food Truck - CLOSED

Opakapaka Gourmet Food Truck
Cuisines: Seafood, Greek, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Opakapaka Food Truck believes that good food starts with quality ingredients. Our menu reflects this philosophy and each dish is handmade from scratch using premium quality meats, Hawaiian seafood and the freshest local and organic vegetables in season. We aim to create hand crafted gourmet food that is convenient, affordable and above all delicious. Every dish is made and delivered with care and a smile from chef A.J. Irons and his partner Jessi Anderson. Our menu is meant to delight everyone from foodies, to hungry surfers, or to just about anyone lucky enough to be here on this beautiful island of Kauai. Opakapaka’s mission is about inspiring and satisfying our customers with bold, fresh and exciting cuisine.Healthy, Delicious and Affordable Food on Kauai.Our end goal is to grow as an outstanding business by serving extraordinary yet affordable gourmet food that supports other local businesses while being extremely aware of our environmental responsibility. Our success is measured when we see people really enjoying their food and coming back again and again.Consistent Food + Consistent Flavor.By setting our standards high and paying attention to detail our patrons can be assured that the flavor of our food will be the same every time — no matter what time of day it is, or even what day it is. Every bite of our scrumptious food will be layered with ono* flavors inside and out and will taste the same every time you order it. Bring your appetite and we’ll see you on the street.* Ono – Hawaiian word for good
California
“Excellent food at bargain prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had one of the best meals of our trip at Opakapaka Gourmet Food Truck at the end of Weke Rd. in Hanalei. My husband and I both had the delicious fresh ahi and coconut rice. I had mine with salad that came with some of the best dressing I've ever had. My husband had his with green beans that were cooked to perfection. At $13 a plate, the food was better than many of our dinners where we paid twice as much or more. Give it a try. They're open from 11:30-3:30, Tues.-Fri.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank 22kauai

“Awesome! The most beautiful location and great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

What an experience!! The new location is well off the beaten path, but totally worth it! Undoubtedly the most beautifully scenic location for a food truck, it's unbelievable, the Hanalei river, the mountains, heaven.
The tomatillo sauce on the fresh catch is perfect, refreshing and delicious. Coconut rice is mild and nice. Salad dressing was freakin awesome!! Great meal, tell your friends so they stay here.

• Visited July 2013
Central Coast CA
“Gourmet Food along the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you are driving North from Kapa'a stop along the road (right side) just before you reach the Mahelona Medical Center and look for the Blue Food Truck. I do not know what they have inside but what comes out is spectacular!! My wife and I stumbled across their offerings on the way back from a great bike ride and we both enjoyed two different Hawaiian Snapper (Opakapaka) dishes. Every element from the Haricot Vert beans (french green beans) to the coconut rice, local farm fresh greens and tomatoes - AHHH!!! INCREDIBLE!!! Every dressing and sauce was made fresh and unique to the dish. SKIP the visit to Postcards, and stop here three times instead. Your tastebuds will sing praises and you won't have to wait hours for your food.

Outdoor seating on multi-colored picnic benches with an incredible view of the ocean - what could be better??

Many thanks to the young couple who are setting out with this food truck. Your efforts and food are appreciated!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank tomp465
Redwood City, California
“excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

do not let the food truck and outside dining put you off
The food was excellent we had Marlin and it was terific cooked to perfection
the rice and salad and sauces were first class
my wife and i were pleased with our meal
The place is new and it was recommended by a lifeguard on the beach in Kapaa

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank allan1818
San Jose
“Fresh, Organic, Lovely, Ono, Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Sometimes you stumble and fall....sometimes you stumble and come up a big WINNER! This food truck is quality and fullfilled my california craving after days of musubi and mixed plates. Don't get me wrong....I love me some Hawaiian grub, but this was a fresh breathe of food to find.

I cruised by this place on my way back from riding a bike out to Donkey Beach. Perfect day, perfect food. This food truck is definitely ono! I had sashimi grade striped marlin, grilled with a fresh organic mix salad. The avocado/tomatillo sauce for the marlin was awesome, but totally uneeded. The fish was sooo yummy with out it.

If only I hadn't found these guys the day before I left. I can only hope they will still be around next time I'm back in Kauai. Highly, highly recommend.

• Visited October 2012