“Good BBQ, quick service-fits the bill in Hanalei”
Review of L & L Barbecue

L & L Barbecue
Ranked #31 of 53 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This fairly recent addition to Hanalei has friendly service, authentic Hawaiian style-(consistent w/SoCal locations) made to order and good value! I love the BBQ ribs even though they are thin cut, the sauce/spices are addicting and this location has a "mini-plate" with small scoops macaroni salad & rice, so if you are in the mood for a heavy snack between lunch and a late dinner - it fits the bill. They were happy to come out and wipe off an outdoor table that had just been left by a patron and served my food really quick. Grab some good BBQ on the North shore!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

There are seemingly hundreds of L&L locations around (lots in Hawaii and even one in my hometown of Renton, WA) and all of them are better than this one. We ate there because I thought there might be some consistency in the franchise. I was disappointed.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We just like L&L. Either you do, or you don't. Katsu chicken is always good. Aloha saimen hits the spot. SPAM musubi pretty darn good too. Apparently their burgers are really delicious too (says the kids). It's Hawaiian style food so if you're looking for Mainland American stuff, look somewhere else.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We came here twice - both times enjoyed the food. I ordered regular sized meals for lunch and had so much leftover that I didn't have to make dinner!

The BBQ short ribs were delicious!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

i loved this place! i recommend the BBQ chicken Burger. it was really tasty. lovely people own this joint. out of the 7 days we were in Kauai, we ate three nights here. i would come again. the only annoying thing was the birds. they were so tame and desensitized to being chased because there a no predators on the island. they would fly all around you.