“Gross, gross and gross”

L & L Barbecue
Ranked #30 of 47 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: Fast Food, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
“Gross, gross and gross”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I got the Hawaiin BBQ chicken here thinking Mmm gotta try the local cuisine right? Nope it was super nasty. The only part that was edible was the rice. They made a gross macaroni salad that went with the meal. It was all real bad. The chicken was super fatty with the skin on it. The actual flavor of the bbq sauce on the chicken was a light chinese bbq flavour that did nothing for the gross food. After a few bites I threw it all away. Defeinetly an aquired taste.

Visited January 2013

Houston
“Great place for cheap, local food!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

After a family dinner at Hanalei Gourmet, we walked across the street to hit the shave ice place. Boy, was I glad L & L was right there. After a disappointing dinner at Hanalei Gourmet, we decided to stuff ourselves with local Hawaiian food at L&L. It's more of an outdoor seating, food shack. I highly recommend the Loco Moco which is two beef patties topped with two over easy eggs on a bed of rice, drenched with gravy. I've had the Loco Moco at Cheeseburger Paradise in Maui, but the one here in L&L had an asian flavor too it. It was delicious. We also tried the Spam Masubi!! Yum!! I think they should use less rice though if it's only one slice of spam. Anyway, if you want cheap, local hawaiian food without the high price and foo foo-ness, go to L&L!!!

• Visited December 2012
Eugene, Oregon
“Great food, low prices”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have had several tasty lunches here at affordable prices. Perfect place to stop after the beach when you are all sandy. I think the cheeseburger was like $2.65! They cook your food right when you order. The BBQ Mixed Plate was my favorite.

Visited November 2012
Maine
“Quick and good”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I ate here for lunch. Great little place for a quick and decent lunch. Great flavors and Friendly service. We will do this again. Thanks.

Munich, Germany
“Very good BBQ plate”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were hungry and looking for something to eat on the North Shore when we saw this L & L at the Ching Young Village in Hanalei. We got a BBQ plate and were surprised how good it tasted.
We even went back the next day and got us another BBQ plate.
As others mentioned it is not really a nice setting to eat in front of the store. Therefore both times we drove to Hanalei Bay and ate at the picknic tables with a perfect view of the beach. Maybe therefore it tasted so good to us ;-)

• Visited October 2012