“Tropical Belgian Waffle--A must try!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanalei Coffee Roasters - CLOSED

Hanalei Coffee Roasters
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“Tropical Belgian Waffle--A must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

YUMMY! The Belgian waffle was big enough to share, although we didn't...but we should have. It was wonderful! Fresh papaya, bananas, whipped cream, coconut syrup, shredded coconut...a delightful tropical breakfast treat. Very filling. Also had the iced coco-mocha, very yummy as well. Long line for breakfast but it moved pretty quickly. Popular place, make sure to try it out.

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Phoenix, AZ
“Cute little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I really enjoyed grabbing a coffee & apple pie hear before heading to the beaches. Friendly. A few tables on the patio for eating while listing to soft playing music. Thumbs up.

Visited September 2012
New Jersey
“terrible service - but good food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

If you want rude service, here is the place to go! The food is good, coffee is expensive and the service is lousy. Thinks Mean Girls in a coffee shop.

Don't go there after 10:30 am when breakfast is about to stop. When we arrived they were trying to rush the customers through - I didn't even look at the menu and she was asking what I wanted. So I am fumbling through my order and then she catches an attitude with me because I never got a chance to read the menu. She saw me just walk in, I never was there before and she rushes me what does she expect?

We understood that breakfast was ending and they were in a rush but there is a nice way to handle things and a bad way, they choose the low road unfortunately.

The girl at the register was talking about us to other co-workers right in front of us like we were idiots. I probably would have spent a lot of money in their little gift shop area but I was so upset on the lousy service, I just got my 8 dollar iced coffee and left.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank gina g
Los Angeles, California
“First thing in the morning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is THE place to go for your morning tea/coffee. They have a wide array of herbal teas- you pick the tea while you are in line and give it to the girls behind the counter. Their coffees are fantastic! The breakfast muffins are baked fresh and are out of this world. Not the healthiest but hey, you're in Hanalei. The coconut carrot cake muffin was so good- it's very rich so you may want to split it. Also, the breakfast sandwiches are amazing. Perfect place to sit outside and start the day. They open at 6:30 AM- and are open all day. Delicious. Also, they sell t-shirts- if you need to take something back for someone... (They used to be called Java Kai, which is has several stores- they are now on their own- hence the change of name.) Highly recommend!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Hanalei Coffee Roasters, a Lovely Local Business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I was getting to the end of my trip in Kauai and needed to start shopping for presents, and fortunately I wandered into Hanalei Coffee Roasters (note: someone may want to correct the spelling above). The proprietor was so helpful and really took the time to help me pick out the right coffee for a gift and for myself. I am drinking some right now and only wish I purchased more! (But luckily, the coffee is available to purchase online.) The atmosphere is friendly and cozy without being pretentious or stuffy. The staff is warm and friendly. Definitely worth stopping in here!

Visited August 2012