“Indulge yourself.”
off the beaten track
We don't like condos a nice studio
Check Availability
another Living Room
We don't reccommend Princeville condos
Camping on the Kalalau Trail
near secret falls
North shore is lush, green, with best beaches
no houses in sight
honey, this isn't Kansas
nature
where is the traffic?
what we need
room with a view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 3
Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 27 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
UngerTime
Eatonville, Washington
“Indulge yourself.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

My girlfriend & I stayed in the "Moon" suite, and I highly recommend it. When we walked in, it was so large that my girlfriend asked where the receptionist was so we could check in. I replied..."This IS our place." and her jaw dropped; she was totally blown away! This vacation was the first where rental properties were used, and due to availability I was forced to secure 2 separate rentals for the 10 day trip. After visiting many other places and seeing other rentals, I really wish I had simply stayed here the whole time!

After staying there for a few days the genuine rest, tranquility and peace began to really soak into us. The spaciousness and being able to unpack into drawers and hang out clothes in the walk-in closet was very nice. Having breakfast on the lanai every morning was absolutely amazing. The kitchen was nicely stocked to be able to make whatever you can imagine; even had a griddle!

There was also really nice internet speeds, boogie boards, snorkel gear, a washer / dryer, and everything you'd need to have a great time!

The wildlife around the property was so fantastic. There were ducks, geese, frogs, and all kinds of birds that really set the tone to have a fantastic trip.

Being a little more remote than most places might deter some people from going, but everywhere we drove had beautiful drives. All the greatest north shore beaches were within 15 minutes max from the property, and the absolute peacefulness of the property made for excellent recharge and resting times.

Best vacation I've ever had!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Scenery, being away from the hussle and bustle
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
TheSpanma...
Phoenix, AZ
“Excellent Hanalei Hideaway”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We stayed at Lily Pad Studio in mid-October 2013. The location is perfect -- nestled above a lily pond, away from the hubbub of the beach but still walking distance, and a few minutes away by car from Hanalei and Princeville. Views from our room and deck were wonderful, looking south at the lush mountain-scape or down to the lily pond with its blossoms, fish, ducks, turtles and frogs.

Lesley -- rental agent and property manager -- made booking and check-in quite easy, and provided helpful tips on the local restaurant scene, etc. Overall we were delighted with our stay. We're already planning a return visit.

One tip: the great virtue of Rainbow Views -- its natural setting and open air (with screens) rooms -- may be an annoyance for those who light sleepers. If the sounds of nature might keep you awake (i.e., roosters or bullfrogs ), bring earplugs.

Jane M
Santa Barbara, California
“We found the Hawaii we were looking for!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

What a wonderful find! We were amazed by the views, the accommodations, the architecture and details were phenomenal. I felt as though I were in Jurassic Park, and came to find out later, that the movie was largely filmed in the same valley. This place is in the Hawaiian image I imagined and looked for during the long process of research and inquiries I made before deciding on this one. The booking process was seamless. Fast response, easy booking, great directions, it could not have been better. I felt I had made the right decision for a very big vacation, and long over due. I have to say, the pictures on their website do not do the place justice. But, it made it all the more awe inspiring when we got there. We had everything we needed too. Thank you Ray, for being such a gracious host as well. We would love to return to Kauai someday, and hope to stay at your place again. Jane & Carl Morris

ruthkumi
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfect North Shore Rental”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We stayed in the Dawn Studio for 2 weeks in July 2013. Booking this was extremely easy and Leslie was very easy to communicate with via email. The location is fantastic for access to North Shore beaches. Everything you could want is there after a long day of hiking or swimming. They have truly though of everything from beach toys to things in the medicine cabinet. Though there is no air conditioning, it was actually cool during the night. The only down side is the frogs and chickens noises-but this is Kauai and we were expecting that. Since we did not get to hike the entire Kalalua trail, we plan to return. I wouldnt want to stay anywhere else. As a rule, I never make a return visit to anywhere, but this time I will make an exception. A slice of Paradise.

Traveling group: Family
Tiredinka...
Seattle, Washington
“Beautiful place...zero sleep”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Lovely accommodation and view.
But not worth it.
If you want any sleep this is not for you.
It's absurdly loud!

The barking dogs and locals are nothing compared to the nasty bullfrogs, that
continually croak from dusk until dawn.They were extremely loud and sounded like horns, geese or donkeys an inch from your ear. Six continuous seconds of quite was the record all night long.
Infuriating! The roosters in the morning were a minor noise in the scheme of things.

Sure call it nature...it was brutal.
Couldn't wait to check out and get some sleep.
What a shame.

Management Response
Sep 17, 2013
We offer a nature retreat, and sometimes the frogs are silent and sometimes they are "in season". There are two kinds, with different cycles and propensities. Obviously other guests didn't experience what this guest did, and we are sorry he was unable to sleep. One thing we can do is weed edges of pond more closely when we notice they are mating or whatever the reason is they sometimes get loud. This reduces their places to hide and their number. We just want to say that we would not have a successful rental if everyone experienced this, and they don't. We take all criticisms seriously. This one is a head scratcher because it is intermittent and a natural phenomenon.
TerriDMou...
Mount Tabor, NJ
“Moon Studio was a dream on Kauai”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

I booked this rental through TA and wasn't sure what we would actually experience when we arrived. My husband and I were in love with this beautiful property. W stayed in what was called "Moon Studio" which is the largest unit of the three, though I did get to see the other two units which are smaller, but also beautiful.

As we entered the studio, we were greeted by a large, semi-circular screened dining area overlooking the jungle and mountains of the North Shore; a breathtaking view complete with nighttime sounds of wildlife. We spent a lot of time here.

The bedroom and bathrooms are very comfortable and pleasantly decorated. The owner provides a large kitchen, and there are boogie boards, beach chairs, towels and sunscreen for guests to use, which is a bonus.

There were two other units being rented and we did hear movement and talking, along with some noise from neighborhood dogs at times. This didn't bother us much, and it was beautifully quiet when the other guests left. We did have some window slats missing in our bath which invited a few bugs in, and the shower drain was a little sluggish. I communicated this to the owner and hopefully they have been fixed. However, these are VERY minor glitches and the location, view, comfort and price of this property is highly worth it, in my opinion. Just a short drive to the many gorgeous beaches, hiking at Na Pali, and town of Hanalei. We would definitely book again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Moon studio space and view
Liked least: Deeper room cleaning and small fixes such as window slats, but these are MINOR
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Dec 30, 2012
The window mentioned was fully screened, but some glass needed replacing, so it was not correct to say mosquitoes entered this way. It is possible to hear other guests and for this reason we limit the number of guests and are specific about being conscientious. Thank you for the review. Look forward to seeing you again.:)
San Francisco
Reviewed October 23, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$160
Night
Week
Make Inquiry
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing