“We Have Always Had Love For This Place!”
Review of Java Kai - CLOSED

Java Kai
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am remiss that I haven't reviewed sooner. We have been going here for years! We love Java Kai/Hanalei Roasters...although it is always Java Kai to us. Incredibly friendly service. They are always so nice, cheerful and adorable. The Aloha bars are so dreamy. My hubby and I fight over them, so we have to get 2! I don't want to share. Hubby is addicted to the 100% Kona, and I am hooked on the blended Coco Mocha. We went there every day, and ordered the same thing..every day. Always crowded, great atmosphere. Why on earth would you go to Starbuck's??

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Coconut macaroons aRe amazing!!! Had a Hanalei speciAl smoothie and it was great. Plan to return this trip for coffee, another smoothie, and more macaroons. The pie looked delicious as well!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I have been to Kauai several times. Our favorite place in the world! When we stay in Hanalei, Java Kai is our go to breakfast spot. It's a super cozy coffee shop with a small but great breakfast menu, and the staff is always very friendly. They have indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoor seating on the covered porch is awesome, but limited, so get there early. It's located right across the street from Ching Young Village, a great spot to walk around and shop after breakfast before heading to the beach. Looking forward to heading back there in October!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We always stop for an iced coffee and an aloha bar in the afternoon after swimming at the beach. Clean and very friendly place. Great people watching!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Two words: cinnamon rolls! I had one for breakfast two days in a row. Both days the rolls were perfection. Tons of cinnamon, the dough wasn't too yeasty, and the frosting was divine. I'm dreaming of them all the way back here on the mainland!