“Fun shop- tourist prices”
Review of Shave Ice Paradise

Shave Ice Paradise
Ranked #4 of 8 Dessert in Hanalei
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Shave Ice Paradise offers authentic, soft & fluffy Hawaiian Shave Ice as well as ice cream & milkshakes to our wonderful customers! Many flavor options available! Ask about our special combinations which are shave ice over a scoop of ice cream and add a sno-cap on top to make it even more heavenly! Located in the heart of Historic Hanalei Town right next door to Bubba's Burgers. Stop by for a refreshing, delicious shave ice today! Open Every Day! Hours: 10:30am - 5:30pm Monday thru Saturday, 11:30am - 5:30pm on Sunday.
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Fun. Yummy. Expensive, but shave ice is a touristy thing anyways. Delicious after a day in the sun. There's usually. Long line Round 2 and 3 pm so try to go earlier or later if you can. I had pineapple/coconut and it was awesome!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

A must if you are in Hanalei Bay, right across from one of the shopping plazas. Lots of flavors - okay the prices are expenses for shaved ice, but the flavors are well worth. We had the root beer, pineapple, banana - and the best one of them all, coconut.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I went here hoping that it would be better than the other stands I've been to but I was wrong. It was not good. My shaved ice had no flavoring. The first couple bites were very good but after that all I was eating was plain white ice. I would not recommend going here.

Kauaigirl123, Manager at Shave Ice Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Aloha,
So sorry you received a shave ice that was not to your liking. Sounds like it started off great but we got went a little too light on the syrup and I apologize for that. I wish we would have known at the time and we would have gladly added more or remade the ice for you completely. The amount of syrup on an ice is pretty subjective, everyone likes different amounts and it is hard to please everyone all the time. Again, my apologies that yours wasn't perfect. If you are still on the island or come back to visit our beautiful Kauai again, please give us another try and will we gladly make it exactly how you like it. :-)
Mahalo for your business & your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve!
Julie A
Operations Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have been going to Shave Ice Paradise for many years, in fact it is one of the few places at home that my daughter talks about all the time. All Shave ice, snow cones, and milkshakes are compared to Shave Ice Paradise.

This was a typical visit - get a burger a Bubba's and dessert will come from Shave Ice Paradise. We can get milkshakes in Louisiana so I have always had the shave ice (which is absolute Heaven on Earth) but this time I tried the Macadamia nut shake!!! Oh my goodness!!!! It was incredible!!!!

Everything is expensive in Hawaii so I'm telling you be ready for $7.50 for a shake that in the mainland would be $4.00. I have no idea what ice cream they use, but it was the best shake I have ever had anywhere in the world!!!

We have 5 more days in Princeville/Hanalei. I'm sure we will visit Shave Ice Paradise at least 4-5 more times. Why? Because it's that good!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

this was one the best shave ice places on the north shore but go to Uncle's in Poipu for the best shave ice on Kauai.
this place had okay syrup and the shave ice was okay but needed to be a little finer.
I would go again.