“Great casual lunch”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Can only comment on the fish taco and burrito, although, I believe carne asada and kalua pig are also available. Both were very tast. A little bit of a long wait, but not awful. Limited menu. I gave this place a 4 for their atmosphere even though they operate out of lunch wagon, as you can take your food and sit on the beach and take in Hanalei Bay while you eat!

Reviewed June 26, 2011

My family visits Hanalei for one week every year and every time we're there, we try to stop by Pat's Taqueria for lunch as often as possible. This time, we set a new record: six straight days! It's open 12-3pm Monday through Saturday and serves up great fish, pork and carne asada tacos. They're all great. They also have burritos and quesadillas. You can either sit at one of the few plastic tables next to the Taco Truck, take your food a few short steps to the adjacent beachfront park, or walk-bike out onto the Hanalei Pier for an incredible view of Hanalei Bay.

1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Really cool setting, cool t-shirts, cool Grateful Dead playing in the kitchen. Nice prices. Problem is, the carne asada tacos that everyone is raving about were GREASY. I preferred Red Hot Mama's up the road. (Yeah, I know. I had to wait a long time.) If you're coming down the road Mermaids Cafe in Kapaa and Monico's in Wailua have excellent Kauai-style Mexican food.

Reviewed May 20, 2011

Best taco ever BUT...You need to get down to waimea and try Island Taco. I am not sure which is best overall.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

We've eaten at multiple restaurants in Kauai and had MANY different experiences. We were talking to a local photographer who recommended Pat's, and we accidentally ran into the trailer in the parking lot in front of the Bay. WOW. (in a good way!!) The girl at the counter was very helpful and we chatted for a while. I got a fish taco, which was awesome! The fish was obviously fresh and the shell was really something! But then, my friend got the 'carne whatever' taco- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED UNTIL YOU'VE TRIED THE CARNE TACO AT PAT'S!!!!!!!! AMAZING! It was just....I can't put it into words!!! And even the cheese quesadilla- the simplest thing EVER- was outstanding! Pat's is by far, hands down, the best food on Kauai!

1  Thank 6muggles