“Wish we spent our entire vacation here”
Review of Hanalei Pier

Kauai Movie Adventure
Ranked #5 of 36 things to do in Hanalei
Type: Other
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Near the end of our week long stay we headed up to Hanalei - without swimsuits - to "check it out" .....mistake! My kids were so disappointed we hadn't made this a destination priority! The beach was huge, the water calm, the pier awesome, the north shore amazing!!!! On the east side of the pier folks had backed their cars right to beach and were BBQing. Despite signs advising against it, the pier was full of jumpers (my husband, albeit fully clothed, included). Parking limited. Bring your own shade

1  Thank A H
"favorite beach"
"surfers"
in 53 reviews

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a very fun place to view the bay! Beach is nearby and lots of things to do! This is a nice addition to Hanalei!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Went here today( July) and the water was calm. The concierge told me during the summer months the shores on the north or calmer than the south side and vice versa in the winter. Kids were jumping off the pier, although there are multiple signs advising against it was the water is shallow. Beautiful views of the mountains! Great place overall. This is a destination I will put on my must visit list for my next trip to kauai, especially as a novice swimmer.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My daughter and nieces LOVE jumping off the pier and swimming in Hanalei Bay. I love watching the sunsets. NOTHING better!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We visited here at sunset and it was beautiful although a little crowded. Luckily we went before the rain came as the water was clear and blue. We went back the next day after the rain and it was a bit brown but you can't help mother nature right?! My kids had a blast jumping off the pier and using the ladder to climb back up. There were also little side areas you could jump off from as well.