I had read every review about this place (really!) before coming. I decided to split up our visit to Kauai into 2 different experiences- 4 nights in the north at the Hale Ho'o Maha, and 4 nights to the south in a hotel.We much preferred our experience in the north. Staying in a B&B (well, this one anyway) is such a special experience. My husband and I LOVED this B&B. Kirby is extremely open and inviting and we felt welcome and at home. (Toby is very nice, too, and shared lots of stories with us.)
We stayed in the Mango room and I loved lying in bed in the mornings, looking out of the sliding glass door to the mountains. Absolutely gorgeous! I also loved not having to go to a restaurant to eat breakfast- every morning we walked into the kitchen/great room and enjoyed a relaxing, delicious breakfast (different every day) and a plate of tropical fruits. I loved sitting and chatting with the other people staying there and the feeling of being welcome in someone's home. That is just not possible in a hotel.
As others have mentioned, you can do laundry free of charge, and you can borrow beach chairs and snorkeling gear. They have menus of local restaurants to browse through, and Kirby and Toby are full of suggestions for things to do and see. The B&B is almost to the end of HWY 560-very private and close to fantastic beaches and the must-do Kalalau Trail. Of the few restaurants in the area, we liked Kalypso in Hanalei best. Don't try to pet Pretty Girl. I tried for 4 days to befriend her to no avail.
Kirby and Toby, thank you for your hospitality! And a special thank you for sharing your rum punch with us, Kirby! :-)
Sandy and Charles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kauai's famous North Shore, this new home features 4 tropical suites with ocean or mountain views. Exactly 110 steps to pristine Wainiha Bay and 15 minutes to great restaurants, golf, shopping, diving & snorkeling. Full breakfasts served each morning. Hula & lei making taught weekly. All suites have full private baths and lanai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hale Ho'o Maha Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Ho`o Maha Bed And Breakfast
- Hale Ho`o Maha Hotel Hanalei
- Hale Ho'o Maha Bed & Breakfast Hanalei, Kauai