“Defective equipment”
Review of Kayak Hanalei

Kayak Hanalei
Ranked #4 of 20 Tours in Hanalei
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Hawaiian Family owned and operated company specializing in Kayak tours, kayak rentals, surf/SUP lessons, & surf/SUP rentals.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Defective equipment”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Kayak Hanalei rented me a stand up paddle board with a paddle that sunk the first time that I dropped it. Then after struggling for an hour to get back up river to return the board without a paddle, they had the gall to charge me $60 for losing it. I would recconmend that you rent a sup or kayak, but do it somewhere else.

1 Thank Geoff4321

Meridian, Idaho
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Double kayak was fun!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I and another couple rented double kayaks for about 3.5 hours. We loved the double kayaks and found rowing wasn't hard at all. The river was beautiful and it was enjoyable to hear all the birds. We stopped and ate lunch at Pat's Taqueria (yummy burrito) then paddled back to the starting place. Enjoyable day!

1 Thank Luvs2read2
Calgary, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Excellente location and the good people and gears to go with it”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had a great time doing business with Kayak Hanalei. The greating is to the aloha standard, nothing to complain.

The double kayaks where fun and easy to paddle.

I was worry it would be hard to go against the current on the river but it`s easy. It`s fun to go at the beach and come back. The scenery beyond the bridge is awesome but starts to become a long ride if you want also see the beach. 2 miles for the beach, 2 miles for the bridge. They are centrally located. I just wish we could rent by the hour. The minimum package was 3.5 hours and it was too long for us.

1 Thank bretonsimon
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent service, must do!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The staff here are fantastic. Today I took a surfing lesson with Hanalei Wave Riders and my mother took a stand up paddle tour here. We both had Kolo as our guide and he was wonderful. My mom loved him on the guided SUP tour, she said he shared lots of historical info about the area and he was very helpful during my surfing lesson. We had a great time, we highly recommend this place!

Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Five star experience from a [great!] family run business”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Service with a smile - literally. Mom asks daughter to help, and off we go. Was that Grandpa overseeing the waterfront?

In any case we can't recommend this group any more highly. From reasonable rates to the most family friendly rental policy possible (a true 24 hour rental with them taking care of the gear overnight!), to a dockside staff whose laid back demeanor belied the precision and attentiveness they executed against. These guys were great.

Among the family friendly options was the ability to paddle upstream where it was calm, and pretty, albeit with glimpses of the road. Downstream felt like a foreign land, and allowed you to go oceanside for wavehopping. We're middle agers and our 11 and 13 year olds not experts in this stuff, but all four of us had a blast on the ocean, rookies or not.

Try these guys.

Hint: check out the fish market next door for incredible grill material!

Visited December 2013