“Oh The Ocean Waves !!!”
Review of Hanalei Day Spa

Hanalei Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Open Tuesdays-Saturdays 9am-6pm We are a boutique Day Spa with a friendly Hawaiian feel. located on the property of the 5 acre pristine beach front Hanalei Colony Resort. Owned by veteran massage therapist, each team member is hand picked for their skill, experience and their communication skills. Our staff is dedicated to providing consistent excellent customer service and we are always looking for ways to improve! There are 4 treatment rooms in spa, 2 couples rooms, (one is beach side and one in spa). Two full bathrooms with 'rain' shower facilities. Guests frequently indulge in an Authentic Hawaiian experience with beach side Lomi Lomi Massage. We offer a wide variety of therapies to suit individual needs and couple's needs; Deep Tissue Massage, Prenatal, Ayurveda Warm oil Massage, hot stones, and sunburn relief treatment, to name a few. Since we are a tropical climate, our spa 'robes' are generously sized unisex batik sarongs. We offer fresh water or tea to our guests and have an on site wellness boutique to serve you! Our pricing is affordable! We offer many types of massage therapies, we start off with a basic massage which is light to medium-ish pressure, then we taylor your experience from there. Most accompaniments (or specialty massage) are an additional $10 per person per 50 minute increment. Deep tissue, Lomi Lomi, Beachside (weather permitting) and pre natal massage, conditioning hot oil treatment for hair/scalp, Sun- burn relief treatment are an additional $10 per 50 min increment, per person and Hot stone integration, is an additional $20 per person. *Beachside is offered weather permitting for every one's comfort. Spa manager is a seasoned practitioner of Ayurvedic medicine, so we have the unique opportunity to offer Ayurveda's premiere cleansing and rejuvenation program called Pancha Karma. Typically guests stay on site at the Hanalei Colony Resort during their 5, 7 or 10 day rejuvenation retreat. Cancellation and change policy: We have a 72 hour change or cancellation policy. Otherwise, you will be charged at full value. Same day spa appointments are non-cancellable and charged fullvalue if no show. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments encouraged!Directions: We are 15 minutes past Hanalei town, (on the ocean side). Turn into the Hanalei Colony Resort, follow the u shaped driveway we are close to the ocean. We are looking forward to pampering you!
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My friend & I had an outdoor Lomi Lomi massage. We were greeted with Kindness & Professionalism :) We had our massages outside under the hut near the oceanside. At first I was wondering about why there was no music & then WOW !!! The OCEAN WAVES- VERY RELAXING ;-) We really enjoyed it, the pressure & the attentiveness we were given. Definitely Recommend :)

1  Thank D M V

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I had a couples massage outdoors at the spa. It was nice listening to the ocean while having a massage. The staff did their best to make the experience a pleasurable one. They were attentive, plus the facility was clean and nice. It was a positive experience and we would go back.

2  Thank CorpSpy
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Excellent massages and excellent service. My husband and I got a couples massage and would definitely go back.

2  Thank R J
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and me got the beach side massage in a tiny hut located close to the beach. The massage therapists were thorough professionals and made us feel really comfortable, gave us a great massage and the sound of the waves calmed us enough to go to sleep. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Garry K
Reviewed November 4, 2012

the masseuses and massages were pretty good. it's a small, unassuming place. however, the front desk person was unfriendly. she also took more than was required from our spafinder gift certificates and then only gave us the option of buying something to use up the rest of the money she credited to herself. not cool.

2  Thank trip423
darciayur, Manager at Hanalei Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for your review.
We always do our best to have our guests feel happy. I am sorry that you did not have a good experience with our receptionist that day, I guess we cant please everyone all the time. Please, send me a private message with your name and dates if you would like me to look into it.
I would like to respond to your comment about using spa finder's gift certificates.
It is Spa Finder's policies that you are to use the balance of the certificate on any spa products/services. I am sure you can understand how we do not give cash back (since holders purchase these certificates approx. 20% discount.)
it is clearly posted on their policies.
Thanks again for your review, and maybe next time you will give us another try.
With Aloha,