“Treated Like Royalty...”
Review of Hanalei Day Spa

Hanalei Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Open Tuesdays-Saturdays 9am-6pm We are a boutique Day Spa with a friendly Hawaiian feel. located on the property of the 5 acre pristine beach front Hanalei Colony Resort. Owned by veteran massage therapist, each team member is hand picked for their skill, experience and their communication skills. Our staff is dedicated to providing consistent excellent customer service and we are always looking for ways to improve! There are 4 treatment rooms in spa, 2 couples rooms, (one is beach side and one in spa). Two full bathrooms with 'rain' shower facilities. Guests frequently indulge in an Authentic Hawaiian experience with beach side Lomi Lomi Massage. We offer a wide variety of therapies to suit individual needs and couple's needs; Deep Tissue Massage, Prenatal, Ayurveda Warm oil Massage, hot stones, and sunburn relief treatment, to name a few. Since we are a tropical climate, our spa 'robes' are generously sized unisex batik sarongs. We offer fresh water or tea to our guests and have an on site wellness boutique to serve you! Our pricing is affordable! We offer many types of massage therapies, we start off with a basic massage which is light to medium-ish pressure, then we taylor your experience from there. Most accompaniments (or specialty massage) are an additional $10 per person per 50 minute increment. Deep tissue, Lomi Lomi, Beachside (weather permitting) and pre natal massage, conditioning hot oil treatment for hair/scalp, Sun- burn relief treatment are an additional $10 per 50 min increment, per person and Hot stone integration, is an additional $20 per person. *Beachside is offered weather permitting for every one's comfort. Spa manager is a seasoned practitioner of Ayurvedic medicine, so we have the unique opportunity to offer Ayurveda's premiere cleansing and rejuvenation program called Pancha Karma. Typically guests stay on site at the Hanalei Colony Resort during their 5, 7 or 10 day rejuvenation retreat. Cancellation and change policy: We have a 72 hour change or cancellation policy. Otherwise, you will be charged at full value. Same day spa appointments are non-cancellable and charged fullvalue if no show. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments encouraged!Directions: We are 15 minutes past Hanalei town, (on the ocean side). Turn into the Hanalei Colony Resort, follow the u shaped driveway we are close to the ocean. We are looking forward to pampering you!
Irrigon, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Treated Like Royalty...”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have had many massages, but this would be the first one that I did not feel "odd" or out of place. the minute I walked in, they spoke to me by my name. I was treated like royalty. I enjoyed the "All About Me" package which includes a 1.5 hour massage and a salt rub. The salt rub was new to me, and I loved it!! The orange scented oil that I choose to be added to the salt just enhanced the experience that much more!

When I return to Kauai next year, I will be coming back to try something else new.

Thank you Colleen for a fantastic relaxing invigorating massage!!

Visited June 2012

Santa Barbara, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Beautifully Relaxing”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My mom and I got a couples massage outside under the palm trees and next to the crashing surf. I couldn't have asked for anything more. The people were mellow, friendly, and respectful. The pricing is on par with any other massage place in Hanalei, and far cheeper than getting one at a resort/ hotel. Hanalei Day Spa was really nice and relaxing, a purely Hawaiian vibe.

Don't expect super fancy, new,resort-style facilities, but do expect a really nice energy, a beautiful location, and kind down-to-earth people.

Also, the Mediterranean restaurant next door is phenomenal. Yes, I'll take dolmas, stuffed grape leaves, and an ocean view lunch after my massage.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Mgk13
Victoria, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Perfect way to end a vacation”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I visited the Hanalei Day Spa on my last day of a week-long vacation on Kaua'i. It was the perfect ending to an amazing week! The service at the spa was excellent - from the first phone call until the end of the massage.

I opted for a 90-minute beachside massage and was very thankful for it. The hut outside is very simple, but it's the sound of the ocean and the warm breeze that make the experience so worthwhile. The hut is close to the restaurant, but I didn't find it to be an issue once I was inside. I heard nothing but waves and felt miles away from anything.

I got a bad sunburn on my knees a few days before and also opted for the sunburn treatment and felt great relief and also noted that the burn seemed to heal quicker. Something to consider if you opt for a treatment toward the end of your trip after time in the sun. The staff were also wonderful after the massage and I stayed a little while to rehydrate.

I will definitely return to the day spa when I am back in Kaua'i! It is not a resort-style spa but if you are looking for a reasonably priced, relaxing treatment from a friendly little spa, then I would recommend the Hanalei Day Spa!

Visited May 2012
3 Thank WestKirsty
Menlo Park, California
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great beach massage!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stumbled across the spa as we were staying down the street and looking for a place to eat. We were on our honeymoon so we figured - let's treat ourselves. We got the couples massage on the beach. It was pretty reasonably priced too.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank SteveTheDog
Kent, Washington
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Relax quickly!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great way to get into that relaxed island mode quickly, especially with the Lomi Lomi massage.

Visited May 2012