Open today: 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Capt Andy's Sailing Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Capt Andy's Sailing Adventures
from $94.94
More Info
from $169.61
More Info
5,233 results
All reviews northern star steak and shrimp cheesecake sunset dinner cruise sneaky tikis the na pali coast spinner dolphins bbq lunch potatoes sea turtles salad highlight of our trip food was great top notch zodiac tour our honeymoon getting wet
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I just honeymooned in Kauai and this was one of the best parts of the whole trip!

Honestly, I was slightly concerned that we had made a mistake in booking this tour, and that we hadn't looked at enough tours leaving from the North Shore because we were staying in Princeville and driving over an hour at the crack of dawn to get to Port Allen for check in at 7:15am wasn't my favorite idea, especially when there were other tours leaving so close to Princeville. The other part of my worry was because I was relying very heavily on The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook, and though they recommended Captain Andy's, it states at the beginning of the chapter on boat tours that far and away you should always take the boats from the North Shore. It made the Port Allen tour departures sound downright boring in comparison to leaving from Hanalei. However, It was too late to back out once I'd realized that, so we kept our reservation. And boy am I glad we did!

We left at 5:45am on a Saturday and ended up being almost a half hour early for check in. Check in was a breeze, and Captain Cory and his crew were so friendly and helpful from the start. Every doubt I had was erased the minute we stepped aboard; The Southern Star is gorgeous and so comfortable! We kept looking around at other boats passing by and thinking, 'Yep, we definitely got the best boat in Kauai!' There were tons of comfortable seats, and great places to stand and watch the scenery. We really lucked out on the weather too because the seas were really calm our whole trip, which meant we were able to go further up the NaPali. We saw so many spinner dolphins and the landscape was of course amazing, with the Captain's informative commentary about each location we passed. There wasn't a single moment during our 5.5 hour tour that wasn't fun, if not downright amazing!

The snorkel spot was pretty good (not great, compared to Hideaways or Tunnels), but we saw a sea turtle and a white-tip shark! That was really awesome. There were numerous fish too. I imagine it would be really fun for someone who hadn't snorkeled much before. I did feel very safe and secure the whole time we were aboard as well as during the snorkel portion - Even though the crew is funny and goofy, they really take everyone's safety seriously. The BBQ lunch was delicious and the beer and wine made the trip back even more fun.

We loved every minute aboard, and we're so glad we did it. Worth every penny! We want to come back to Kauai, and I would do it again in a heartbeat, even if we stayed on the North Shore.

1  Thank ICMcC
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had a wonderful captain and guide, good food and nice 5 hour snorkel adventure to the NW coast of Kauai. Would totally recommend this for visitors to Kauai, unless you are prone to seasickness as it can get rough out on the seas, especially on the return voyage.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I would highly recommend Captain Andy's. Our captain "Cory" was awesome as was his entire crew! Dinner was great. The seas were rough and I did get a little seasick but it passed after eating. My husband and 8 year old son loved the cruise as well! We did most of our snorkeling from the beaches so didn't feel that we needed to snorkel cruise, but I bet it would be amazing, too!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We took the 5 1/2 hour rafting trip and it was the highlight of our trip. The scenery was fabulous, the crew, Maddy & Kalin, were professional and very friendly! The ride was exhilarating and not for someone looking for a leisurely ride. You will not be bored! We were able to take the raft inside the sea caves which were really neat. We beached at an Ancient Hawaiian Village and Kalin told us of it's history as we toured it. Lunch was very good. Snorkeling at the beach was fun even though we didn't see lots of fish. We did have alot of dolphins swimming along with our raft. I would take this trip again in a heartbeat. It was worth every penny!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Napali Coast dinner cruise was exceptional. The luxury catamaran gave us easy sailing, the heads (restrooms) were modern and clean (never been in heads with a real honest-to-goodness porcelain toilets!) The crew was attentive and pleasant, and Captain Jack was entertaining and informative. He allowed us to "take the helm" for a few minutes and took pictures as we did. He kept a running commentary describing the geology and history of the coast, pointed out where a number of movies were filmed, and humorously threw in a few fractured fairy tales! Dinner was delicious and drinks were free and nonstop. The macadamia nut pie was superb. The Napali Coast is breathtaking, and the water beautiful. We had good weather, but not enough wind to sail back. No one seemed to mind.

We booked on line, saved some money and when we showed up for the cruise were given free commemorative t-shirts because we did so.

Just a note...a few people got seasick, even though the seas weren't rough. Take a Dramamine before embarking if you tend to have any kind of motion sickness.

We couldn't recommend this attraction /activity more! Smooth sailing!