“Found Toi's not tempting”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Toi's Thai Kitchen - CLOSED

Toi's Thai Kitchen
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Olympia, Washington
“Found Toi's not tempting”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Love Thai. Just not Toi's version, Tried Toi's Temptation and Cashew Chicken and the fried spring rolls. Dinners came with choice of salad and desert. The green papaya salad was okay but nothing to write home (or TripAdvisor) about. Cashew Chicken was edible, Toi's Temptation was something that I was "tempted" to throw away and was in no way anything like any Thai I had ever eaten. The fried spring rolls were served with lettuce, cucumber and mint and were more greasy than any other flavor. The dessert was green tapioca in coconut milk and didn't do much to impress either. For the cost there is much better food on Kauai.

• Visited November 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, but not really Thai”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

My wife is Thai and we live in Bangkok. The food here is fresh and tasty, but not authentic Thai. There are better alternatives on the island if what you want ( in our case NEED ) real Thai. We ordered two signature Thai dishes that were good, but in Bangkok people would have complained. I'm not saying it wasn't ok....just for us a bit dissapointing. If you want the real thing see our other reviews

Kekaha, Hawaii
“I'll Be Back”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have been eating at Toi's for years. The food is fresh, flavorful and made with love. I am never disappointed, ever!

Visited August 2012
boston
“Toi's is great”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have eaten Thai food all over the world and have not found better Thai food. I eat Thai food twice a week in Boston, or on my travels.

Toi's Thai is always fresh, delicious and tasty. The shrimp satay and shrimp "toi's temptation" are fabulous. It is a simple informal location, the herbs are home grown, and the restaurant is a real find. We time our trips to Kauai to make sure that Toi's is open (they are not open Sunday and Monday) and have enjoyed the food over the past twelve years.
Go there, you won't be sorry.

• Visited July 2012
Annandale, Virginia
“The mouse did not have reservations”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The place does not look very clean but with the good reviews I was willing to give it a shot. The spring rolls were good but I got Chicken Pad Thai and my husband got Panang and both were bad. I was still willing to stick it out until the mouse was running around the resturant that was all I could handle. We told the waitress and it did not even faze her in the slightest. As the mouse ran around I could not stay. My husband stayed to pay the bill and I ran for the safety of the car. The food is awful and we did not get our meal till we were there an hour. Do not go here!

• Visited June 2012