“Yummo!”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed April 25, 2013

7 of us ate here and had great service. I know some of the reviews say that the service is slow, but we didn't experience that at all. My friend and I split a pork sandwich and Mahi Mahi sandwich...both were delicious...juicy, saucy, flavorful. Very filling...almost could not finish my two halves.
We also got some coconut rolls, raisen rolls, and pineapple/carrot cake to go. All were fabulous!
This is nothing fancy, just a good meal. Right off the main road.

There are newer reviews for Grinds Cafe & Espresso

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stopped here specifically to have the french toast that other reviewers have raved about. Did not care for itat all. Large portion but the aroma reminded me of something like bad chicken batter. Flavor did nothing for me either. Wish I had ordered one of the egg dishes. They looked awesome. Many repeat local customers so it must have been me or my chioce. A one star for my meal but 5 star for what others seem to be getting. Service was very good. Would try again but order differently.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped here on the recommendation of the man at our car rental agency and I was glad we did. It's nothing fancy but the food was great! Get the french toast. (The small portion which is two pieces was MORE than enough for me). They bake their own breads and they are wonderful. We bought some day old pastries to go and they were amazing (and a bargain at 50 cents apiece.)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast mainly because of the 10% coupon in one of the Kauai Visitor's Guides. And what a treat! I had a spinach, mushroom, bacon and Swiss omelette that was incredibly good! My husband had French Toast, the small portion, which uses two very thick, large slices of French bread. Yummy. We also shared a sticky bun which they very nicely warmed up for us at our request. Service was outstanding. Will go back even without the coupon! .

Reviewed March 6, 2013

It doesn't look like much from the outside or inside but the food is hard to beat. We eat at Ginds on each of our visits to Kauai. The bakery is to die for. We got sandwiches to go on this trip. When we opened the boxes we found that we had made a mistake. We should have shared these sandwiches. The guys were able to finish theirs but the girls had left overs for dinner.