“The BEST Crew!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Na Pali Sunset Dinner Cruise
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Eleele
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get to the Fun Faster! The memories will last a lifetime... Our four boats, Leila, Holo Holo, and Adventurer II & III, get you to the action quicker than anybody else, so you have more time to snorkel, sightsee, relax and enjoy the pristine waters and spectacular cliffs of the Napali Coast & Niihau. We are the only Kauai boat tours company that offers daily trips to the "forbidden island" of Niihau.
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The BEST Crew!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had a great time on our Napali coast tour...and it was all thanks to the fantastic crew (Captain Kelly, Abe and Wade). We've been on many paid-tours, and I'm not sure we've ever had a more enthusiastic, helpful, fun and funny crew - they seemed to be having as much fun as we were! It helped there was less than 20 of us on the Leila that day, which apparently can handle more than 30 passengers. The swells were big on our way out, and we were hit by a real heavy rain storm on the way back...but they still made it a blast. The coolest (and luckiest) part of the trip...we went snorkelling in a bay on the West/South shore, and we were lucky enough to have dolphins swim right under/with us while we snorkelled!

2 Thank mdnich
Kit F, Guest Relations Manager at Holo Holo Charters, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Aloha from 'the garden island of Kaua'i '! Thank you for taking the time to review your trip with us. We will be sure to let the Captain and crew know of the fun time you had despite the sea conditions for the day. Thank you for making 'Holo Holo Charters' a part of your Kaua'i experience.

• Korean first
Gresham, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do it every year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Holo Holo Charters is the best around! We take the 5 1/2 hr Napali Coast tour every year when we visit Kaua'i and my kids also did the Sunset Cruise and they loved it! The Leila is a beautiful vessel and the crew is amazing! The scenery is breathtaking!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank SunniD1111
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you all! We are so happy to have 'repeat offenders' like yourselves. We look forward to seeing you again next year! Aloha from Kaua'i!
Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great weather, great scenery, great crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We did this five hour cruise with Captain Jeff and crew-members Mike and Wade (? sp). It was a great experience to see some stunning scenery and also get in a bit of snorkelling. However, on our day at least the snorkelling experience wasn't that great--for example, there were many more fish to see just by walking off-shore opposite Brennecke's in Poiku. The trip is worth it, nonetheless for the scenery alone, which was stunning, although we didn't see any dinosaurs coming out of the valleys (there were whale sightings and dolphins that came quite close to the boat). The crew were all fantastic--all very friendly, with positive attitudes, ever attentive both to the passengers' needs and wants and to their safety. There were a couple of people on our cruise who were a bit beyond their depth and the crew were alive to the issue without anyone telling them about it and dealt with each situation very considerately. Whenever there was down time when the crew weren't asking people if they wanted another drink, each of them took time to engage small groups of passengers with information about what we were passing or about the history of the area. Captain Jeff had what the Irish would call the gift of the gab, full of stories and humour, the kind of person you could listen to all day. A good time was had by all. PS: the continental breakfast and lunch were also well done.

1 Thank ColmEFabio
Kit F, Guest Relations Manager at Holo Holo Charters, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear great weather, great scenery, great crew,
Thank you so much for the fine review. We agree! Captain Jeff has a gift and the trip is worth it for scenery alone. We hope to be included on another Kaua'i get away. Until then......
Bend, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rough, but great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

This trip was in combination with Air Ventures, as a package, making it a bit more economical.
The sea in November has bigger swells and waves, so it was exciting going up the coast to see the Na Pali mountains. We couldn't take pictures on the way up, too much spray, as Captain Glenn wanted to get us there quickly, so we could pause and enjoy the smoother ride on the way back. The weather wasn't the best, but the sunset was spectacular, and the buffet very good too.
Kama and Sean, the crew, were very friendly and helpful, and the Captain was very knowledgeable, with excellent commentary, all with a sense of humor. Highly recommend it!

Visited November 2013
Kit F, Guest Relations Manager at Holo Holo Charters, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are delighted to have received your review and am glad the Air/Sea Combo gave you an added value. True, the ocean conditions may turn rough at times, however, we continue to focus on safety, comfort and fun! Thank you for sharing your "great experience" with all. Aloha from Kaua'i!
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Best crew and captain ever, plus great sights, drinks, and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Took the sunset cruise of 3.5 hours along with the Air Ventures plane tour package deal. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Late fall is not ideal time for some people like myself to go out on the ocean. I had to take two dramamine and still felt queasy for the first 1.5-2 hours of the trip where we went into the swells. I did not enjoy that part of the trip at all and had to be outside, rain or shine, to keep going. The crew did everything they could to make me feel better, offered me ginger to suck on, a lot of ginger ale, and kept talking to me to help me not focus on my stomach. They even gave me the best seat in the house (in my opinion) where the boat was the steadiest and let my husband sit with me, and theyd bring my water, whatever I needed.

You go into the swells the first half of the trip rather quickly. The second half however is like a different trip, its going with the swells and I was fine the entire last half of it, roaming around the boat, eating, drinking, and enjoying myself.

We saw dolphins, whales, and sea turtles amongst the amazing Napoli Coast and the most amazing sunset. The food was "heavy appetizers" of two kinds of mini sliders, pretzels, fruit, veggies, and other snacks. More than enough for a meal, it was our dinner. They have a bar on board and ginger ale and other soft drinks as well, unlimited. The bathrooms were not the best but its a boat that gets rain all the time and I thought they were great for the boat and was happy to have both of them after drinking all the ginger ale and beer.

The crew really was outstanding, my husband insisted on tipping all of them quite well because he was so impressed with how friendly and out of their way they went for everyone on board. So funny too, full of information and jokes, and just great people all around.

I highly recommend this tour, even for a motion sick person like myself, just take the dramamine earlier than an hour before and be prepared to be uncomfortable for the first half, the second half is totally worth it!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank PincPleasure
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and the high recommendation! We are so pleased that despite sea sickness our captain and crew were able to be an aid in making the majority of your trip "worth every penny"! Until the next time! Mahalo and Aloha!