“Na Pali Lifetime Experience”
Review of Catamaran Kahanu

Catamaran Kahanu
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Eleele
More attraction details
Owner description: Na Pali Coast Tour experience the majestic cliffs, sea caves, and marine animals. Enjoy swim and snorkel. Best day on your vacation with Captain Lani Tours.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Cruising the Na Pali coastline on the catamaran Kahanu was an incredible experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. We were blessed with a beautiful, clear, calm day; and an amazing Captain that was able to take advantage of the conditions to get us up close and personal with the unique features of this storied landscape. Every sight was a photo opportunity...soaring cliffs, waterfalls, turtles, isolated beaches and snorkeling amongst huge fish. One of the highlights for me was being surrounded by so many dolphins I couldn't count them all! It's been a month, and I still think about that afternoon spent with family and friends in what has to be one of the most beautiful spots on earth. Don't leave the island of Kauai without taking this tour.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

best catamaran ride ive ever been on.interacted with schools of fish,got to see dolfins,monk seals,turtles,beautiful view of napali coast line.highly recomend to anybody,local or visitor.i was born and raised in hawaii and i was blown away by this cruise.check it out.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Last month, my family went on a tour of the Napali coast on the island of Kauai with Catamaran Kahanu. We had a blast! There were fifteen of us, the youngest was three years old and my mother is 83, everybody loved it. Our family is from Oahu, of part Hawaiian ancestry but most of them had never seen the Napali before. Captain Lani and crew are Hawaiian and intimately familiar with the coastline,the history,the place names and traditions of this uniquely beautiful and inspiring place. The smaller size of the tours, allow for a real personal experience that made for a very family feeling. Thank you Captain Lani, Debbie, and Aukai for your hospitality, your professionalism, and most of all your warm aloha. Thanks also for rainbows, waterfalls, turtles, leaping dolphins, flying fish, and all the spectacular beauty of Napali. We loved it and so would anybody else. Our mahalo and aloha to Catamaran Kahanu.

1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have visited the Hawaiian islands many times and I have taken other catamaran cruises, but NO OTHER Hawaiian coastal cruise compares to Catamaran Kahanu! Owned and operated by a local Kauai'ian family (who's Hawaiian roots trace back to the 1600's), the Captain has intimate knowledge about the island, coast, waters, history, etc. Rather than a large commercial catamaran which must stay at a regulated distance from the shoreline, Captain Kahanu can maneuver his smaller vessel much closer and at times actually INTO the Queen's Bath for much more spectacular views and photo ops. My family and I have sailed with Catamaran Kahanu 4 times now and HIGHLY recommend them to anyone interested in an intimate Kauai'i experience of the breath-taking Na'Pali coast. Not to mention the spinner dolphins, swimming with the turtles and snorkeling! One word to describe the whole experience? WOW!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We decided to go with Catamaran Kahanu for the value of the trip. We could have seen the Na Pali Coast with many other travelers on board, but that's not what we wanted. We appreciated the personal attention and service and knowledge of the captain and crew. The smaller size of the vessel meant we could get fairly close to the coast, and we loved being able to snorkel and see turtles so close to the boat.