“Napali Coast Tour”

and up
5-Hour Na Pali Coast Morning Tour
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Eleele
More attraction details
Owner description: Na Pali Coast Tour experience the majestic cliffs, sea caves, and marine animals. Enjoy swim and snorkel. Best day on your vacation with Captain Lani Tours.
Hanalei, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Napali Coast Tour”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Last month, my family went on a tour of the Napali coast on the island of Kauai with Catamaran Kahanu. We had a blast! There were fifteen of us, the youngest was three years old and my mother is 83, everybody loved it. Our family is from Oahu, of part Hawaiian ancestry but most of them had never seen the Napali before. Captain Lani and crew are Hawaiian and intimately familiar with the coastline,the history,the place names and traditions of this uniquely beautiful and inspiring place. The smaller size of the tours, allow for a real personal experience that made for a very family feeling. Thank you Captain Lani, Debbie, and Aukai for your hospitality, your professionalism, and most of all your warm aloha. Thanks also for rainbows, waterfalls, turtles, leaping dolphins, flying fish, and all the spectacular beauty of Napali. We loved it and so would anybody else. Our mahalo and aloha to Catamaran Kahanu.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tim M

Rodeo, California, United States
“Best of the Best!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have visited the Hawaiian islands many times and I have taken other catamaran cruises, but NO OTHER Hawaiian coastal cruise compares to Catamaran Kahanu! Owned and operated by a local Kauai'ian family (who's Hawaiian roots trace back to the 1600's), the Captain has intimate knowledge about the island, coast, waters, history, etc. Rather than a large commercial catamaran which must stay at a regulated distance from the shoreline, Captain Kahanu can maneuver his smaller vessel much closer and at times actually INTO the Queen's Bath for much more spectacular views and photo ops. My family and I have sailed with Catamaran Kahanu 4 times now and HIGHLY recommend them to anyone interested in an intimate Kauai'i experience of the breath-taking Na'Pali coast. Not to mention the spinner dolphins, swimming with the turtles and snorkeling! One word to describe the whole experience? WOW!

Phoenix
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No better value on the water”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We decided to go with Catamaran Kahanu for the value of the trip. We could have seen the Na Pali Coast with many other travelers on board, but that's not what we wanted. We appreciated the personal attention and service and knowledge of the captain and crew. The smaller size of the vessel meant we could get fairly close to the coast, and we loved being able to snorkel and see turtles so close to the boat.

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great crew. Great boat. Great trip.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

There was a couple on our trip taking their 54th voyage on the Kahanu. True story.

Apparently, I'm a bit of a landlubber. Capt. Lani and Erin graciously helped me through my motion sickness issues and I had a blast. (If you have any doubt about your sea legs, eat a good breakfast and pop 2 drammies. Why risk it?)

Even with my weak stomach, I'd do it all again:

Snorkeling and snapping pics where the big boats can't go.
Swimming with sea turtles off of pristine, boat-only white sand beaches.
Riding on the front of the Kahanu and crashing into the waves.

Big up and mahalo Captain Lani, Erin, and Debbie. See ya'll next time.

1 Thank SandyandFelipe G
“Genuine service!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This family owned operation is so unique and intimate. The captain is a native who knows the intricacies of the island and cares for your personal safety! This is the only tour company that prohibits alcohol for a reason. There has been too many drownings mainly by tourists in which alcohol is a factor:(
Erin is fantastic. She has an amazing personality and will help you with anything you may need:) she so kindly escorted my 4 year old girl to the front to see the spinner dolphins:) My family and I will definitely aboard the catamaran Kahanu in the future!!!