“Genuine service!”

and up
5-Hour Na Pali Coast Morning Tour
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Eleele
More attraction details
Owner description: Na Pali Coast Tour experience the majestic cliffs, sea caves, and marine animals. Enjoy swim and snorkel. Best day on your vacation with Captain Lani Tours.
“Genuine service!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This family owned operation is so unique and intimate. The captain is a native who knows the intricacies of the island and cares for your personal safety! This is the only tour company that prohibits alcohol for a reason. There has been too many drownings mainly by tourists in which alcohol is a factor:(
Erin is fantastic. She has an amazing personality and will help you with anything you may need:) she so kindly escorted my 4 year old girl to the front to see the spinner dolphins:) My family and I will definitely aboard the catamaran Kahanu in the future!!!

Visited May 2013

“Awesome tour!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Wonderful trip, cultural experience, great Eco awareness. Able to see turtles, porpoise, monk seal, and many fish on the reef, great one on one time, amazing adventure!

Visited May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Napali Coast tour”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We enjoyed the five hour Napali Coast and snorkel trip. This is a beautiful tour of the Napa Coast and a wonderful way to take in the scenery. Includes about an hour of reef snorkeling and a delicious deli buffet lunch.

Captain Lani Swain and his wife Debbie are the real deal! They are genuine good people, friendly and sincere. Their love of Hawaii and the ocean is obvious immediately. They are committed to your satisfaction and your safety.

The Napali Coast is a must see! This trip is an affordable way to take it all in and have a lot fun along the way.

Visited April 2013
Roseau, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected day of memories”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

You can never be sure of what to expect when you book an adventure but this catamaran trip was incredible. Beautiful sunny day and a comfortable boat with only 18 passengers plus Erin, the crew, and the Captain Lani. Check in was simple and pleasant, with just a short walk to the pier. Safety in mind always with instructions on staying safe while on the water. Once out of the harbor, we could go out to the front to enjoy the sun and water, always safety in mind, with an escort by Erin. I was disappointed at first as it seemed we were only out for a boat ride. That changed quickly with the sighting of a pod of dolphins who escorted us along the shoreline for a way. Erin was quick to point out the sights along the shoreline, including the old sugar plantation and other Kauai trivia. The ride was very comfortable and it wasn't long before my attitude changed. We spotted some humpback whales which is what I have always wanted to see. Lani was quick to remind everyone of safety but told us all about whales as did Erin. We continued on and again came upon more whales and we were able to watch them in their habitat and I have some incredible footage as well as photos of them. MADE MY TRIP!!! Erin continued to tell us about the coastline, the history, while Lani brought us into some spectacular sights. We were able to snorkel and lunch in a fantastic bay, seeing some beautiful fish, coral and even swam with some sea turtles. Lunch was very good and everyone had fun. The ride back got very rough, with swells high. Even so, with safety in mind, Captain Lani encouraged me and others to go to the front and experience the ride there. I am so glad I did.....it was absolutely amazing!!!!! I stood on the front and had waves and spray in my face, feeling like I was flying. Thank you is not enough for this trip. I am so glad we chose Catamaran Kahanu over the larger, more commercial ventures as Captain Lani's knowledge and skill on the sea was worth more than I can say. If you get a chance to do this trip, go,,,,,twice if possible.

Visited April 2013
“Na Pali Coast after a storm - a great and SAFE experience!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A day after the rains caused the bridges of Hanalei Bay to close, my family of 5 (including 3 teenage boys - yes, I'm a princess in my mind!) found ourselves aboard the beautiful catamaran Kahanu. Having been to Kauai before and taken one of the larger, more commercial catamarans, yes - those serving alcohol, on this day I was never more sure that we had made the right choice going with Kahanu. This was an intimate experience with only 18 passengers plus the Captain and his friendly and competent crew member, Erin. (Hi Erin!) Once we boarded at Port Allen, we were oriented by Captain Lani that while it was clear and sunny at Port Allen, that the elements could change quickly. (Which they did!). We would try to make it as far as possible up the coast, but that things could change our path very quickly including the wind and. surf. While the Captain acknowledged several people had never seen the coast, he emphasized the importance of safety. Certain parts of the voyage were rough (by this girls standards) but I was never nervous. We were always safe. Yes - it was only mentioned once, but all the passengers quickly acknowledged and adhered to Captain Lani's instruction - you could move about to the front (the bow?) but only with crew member assistance. It was a very wet trip - from the rain and crashing waves - but such an amazing day. The history and knowledge shared was sooo personal - loved that Captain had personal family history to the fishing village we saw. The snorkeling was just a gift - never expected to be able to do that given the conditions. Lunch was delicious. The Captain's friends - the 100 or so porpoises greeted and played with us on the way back. Catamaran Kahanu was the perfect choice. Hands down a much better choice than the larger commercial options - and the charming personalities of Captain Lani and Erin - well, who could ask for more? Mahalo!

Anna-Maria (aka "California")