“Dedicated Lomi Lomi massage experience”
Review of Angeline's Lomi Lomi Massage - CLOSED

Angeline's Lomi Lomi Massage
Oslo, Norway
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Dedicated Lomi Lomi massage experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is not an experience for bashful/shy folk - but then again, maybe it is! We encountered one friendly, bright-eyed practitioner after another, who gently whispered various pieces of information and instruction to us about our massage experience. There is a genuinely authentic, healing, accepting and nurturing aura about the whole place - the one exception to that being the gentleman who greeted us when we arrived in a very business-like manner and never smiled. We booked a 2-hour treatment that started off with us naked on a table in a steam room (whilst other clients were present, immersed in their own steaming and not our naked bodies laid out on the table, presumably...) and being scrubbed vigorously with special Hawaiian salt. Afterward, we showered and were taken to another room where the Lomi Lomi massage began. There were 4 Lomi Lomi practitioners present -- 2 for each of us. The massage-therapists were the most dedicated ones I have met yet. The four-handed treatment was masterful and it is also quite an amazing rhythmic feeling/sensation that totally lulls you into a blissed-out state...If you can let yourself go and open up to the entire experience it will leave you feeling transformed afterward -- I promise...The only curious aspect of the entire thing was that for such a seemingly authentic, traditional Hawaiian treatment, I couldn´t help but notice that all of our lovely and very talented therapists were middle-aged Caucasians. Mattered not, but it did give me pause.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Volkolas

Denver, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We scheduled this massage based on reviews from trip advisor, and we weren't disappointed. The massage was amazing. The staff is friendly and very professional. At first, we were a little shy, walking around with just a towel, but we soon realized that it was part of the process. We loved it and would go back in a minutes.

This place beats any high priced hotel spa.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank jennf916
Modesto, CA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Heavenly”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I booked massages for my sister and I while we were in Kauai. We wanted a traditional Hawaiian spa experience, and Angeline's did not disappoint! The place itself was homey and quaint, but also relaxing and welcoming. It is a far cry from the fancy spas that charge you an arm and a leg, and the quality of the treatments were top notch!!! The staff was warm and professional. I was somewhat unprepared for how "exposed" we were during the salt scrub and massage, but this was just my lack of spa experience. Even so, I felt covered "enough" and the staff was so professional and respectful that it was no big deal and I never felt uncomfortable This was the best couple of hours we spent on the island and I will return!!!

Visited August 2012
6 Thank mmbett
Munich, Germany
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience and massage”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I usually suffer a lot from jet lag due to the 12 hour time difference. So for our third trip to Hawaii I decided I had to go new ways to get over it quicker. I learned that for some people a massage helps, so I was looking for a lomi lomi massage on our second day on the Island.

As my husband is not the guy forma ritzy glitzy spa experience, I was looking for a place that is not that posh but more "down to earth" and offers a great massage. I read about Angeline's in my Lonely Planet Guidebook and upon that the reviews in TR.

This was exactly what I was looking for. Both my husband and I had a four handed lomi lomi massage and it was fantastic. The therapists are such nice and gentle persons, that we could not have felt more relaxed and comfortable under there hands.

The place itself felt like a real Hawaiian setting and experience. The massage rooms and the steam room are set around a wooden open air deck. On the deck you find chairs and tables while in the trees around you birds are singing.

As to dress down completely or not for the massage: this is completely up to you. Both my husband and I received a sarong and we both never felt uncomfortable in any way.

Did it help to get over the jet lag faster? Yes it did! After the massage it felt like both my mind and body finally arrived. So in case we should be able to come back to Kauai: first thing we will do is to book a massage at Angeline's.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sternchen16
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Massage Ever”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We booked Angeline's and we could not have been happier. We have had all day spa experiences for hundreds of dollars that are not even half as good as this experience.

We stepped off the plane and this was our first stop up to the St. Regis Resort. The moment you arrive you slowly start to unwind and get into relaxation mode. I wont explain the process because others have stated exactly the format they follow. I dont really remember much of the 4-hand lomi lomi massage because it was so heavenly that it transported me to a different level of relaxation I have never felt. This was the perfect start to our relaxation vacation.

When we arrived at the hotel the Concierge was telling us about their World class spa, and I had to chuckle a little, because I know whatever they offered wouldn't be half as good as Angeline's.

Visited October 2012