Our family spent the second week of our vacation at the Hilton GVC Waikoloa Beach resort on the Big Island. When we arrived we were met by a very friendly staff who was sincere on helping us during the check in process. This was refreshing and a level of service we had come to expect from the Hilton Grand Vacation Club. Our first week on Oahu at the HGVC was not as friendly as the staff at Waikoloa. The staff seemed genuinely interested in helping you, the staff was fantastic.
The facility has a nice pool and has a nice golf course next to the property. You will not find a beach or restaurants here but there are plenty nearby at the Hilton Waikoloa Resort and a Hilton shuttle bus is available with a schedule. We had a rental car for our trip. In the resort area you will find various shops at Kings Land and Queens Land with a nice grocery store at the Queens Land.
The room was very clean and all kitchen items were clean to perfection. The grounds were nicely kept and our family enjoyed the atmosphere. The staff was available if you needed extra towels or beach towels. We found the living space very nice for a two bedroom suite.
First, keep in mind this is not the big busy city of Honolulu. This is the laid back Big Island of Hawaii and you run on Hawaiian time, forget the rat race. There are little amenities directly at the resort. The pool is nice and relatively quiet. If you want busy, you can use the pool at the big Hilton Hotel resort nearby. Shuttle every 30 minutes. Our family use the large pool and we did enjoy the pool at the main resort. We had no trouble going over to the large resort to use the facilities.
When you travel to the Big Island, you have many areas you can visit. I recommend you have a rental vehicle to see the splendors of this island. You will find (I think) eleven climate zones. There is a nice nearby beach called Hapuna. There are other beaches, recommend that you read a book and review the island with Google Earth before you go.
Our favorite island activity is the beach and snorkeling. Find “two step” for some nice snorkeling or go to Fair Winds adventure for a trip off Captain Cook’s monument for some beautiful s snorkeling.
In closing final comment, as a Hilton Club owner this is our third trip to the Big Island and our first time at the Waikoloa Beach resort. The staff is wonderful and the manager should be commended in running an excellent facility. The resort staff, Marie, was extremely friendly had helpful in planning some activities we wanted to book. The grounds are very nice, the rooms were as expected from a Hilton Club facility. In addition, we left the Big Island late in the afternoon. Ask the desk, they have a temporary room that can be used to allow you to freshen up for that long trip back to the rat race.
My wife and I were very pleased with HGVC Waikoloa Beach Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly situated adjacent to championship golf courses, the premier location of Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations provides an unsurpassed vacation setting. Hotel guests have access and charging privileges to the abundant facilities and amenities of the nearby Hilton Waikoloa Village hotel, including an enticing array of restaurants, boutiques, beaches and water recreation. Complimentary shuttle service is available between Hilton Grand Vacations, the Hilton Waikoloa Village, and area shops. Hawaii visitors staying at Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations will enjoy spacious two bedroom suites which incorporate a casually elegant tropical style, and feature a superb variety of upscale amenities and furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Waikoloa Beach Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Hotel Waikoloa Beach
- Hilton Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton