We recently stayed at the HGVC in Waikoloa - we had a 2 bedroom suite for 6 of us (2 small children). It was a terrific unit - we got ground floor, which was right next to the BBQ's and looked out at the golf course. It was very spacious - even for 6 people. The only negative is the kitchen is a bit awkwardly designed - especially is 2 people are working in it. But overall - the place was fabulous.
The best part is the fact that you can use all the facilities at the Hilton Waikoloa resort. We spent the week camped out at the Lagoon - which was perfect for the 4 and 6 year old. We bought the family package for the week - which gave us access to kayaks, paddle boats, snorkel and fins, kiddie boats, etc. It was about $250 and it kept the kids entertained all week. The Lagoon is also warmer than most of the pools at the resort! The snorkelling is wonderful - there are numerous sea turtles, eels, and pretty fish to look at. Also the dolphins are spectacular. If you can afford it - do the swim with the dolphins. Also a hit were the water slides - there are 2 and they are really fun for all ages. And an insider tip - at one of the pools there is a little food market and they have ice cream for $1 a scoop from 3 - 4 pm every day (generous scoops!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly situated adjacent to championship golf courses, the premier location of Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations provides an unsurpassed vacation setting. Hotel guests have access and charging privileges to the abundant facilities and amenities of the nearby Hilton Waikoloa Village hotel, including an enticing array of restaurants, boutiques, beaches and water recreation. Complimentary shuttle service is available between Hilton Grand Vacations, the Hilton Waikoloa Village, and area shops. Hawaii visitors staying at Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations will enjoy spacious two bedroom suites which incorporate a casually elegant tropical style, and feature a superb variety of upscale amenities and furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Waikoloa Beach Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Hotel Waikoloa Beach
- Hilton Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton