Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations
$269
  • Beachfront
$265
$299
The Aeolian Residence(Waikoloa)(Great Value!)
$60
$409
$399
$194
  • Beachfront
Hotels.com
1,163 results
All reviewsgolf coursefull kitchenthe big islandbay clubmain resortmaster bedroomhilton grand vacationstime sharebeach resortwaikoloa villagefamily vacationshuttle busthird floorwasher dryersmall poolgreat vacationshuttle service
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed here with his parents, who are owners, for a week. The 2 bedroom was large, kitchen had everything we needed, and everytime we talked to the front desk our requests were taken care of very quickly (extra hangers, switch out beach towels, etc.). Also very nice to have a washer and dryer for clothes in the room, though we didn't end up using them.
Get all the perks of using the large Hilton property without the small annoyances that I saw (having to pay $15 for parking, no kithen in the rooms, etc. in the large property).
Overall, highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Sunny_Girl_Vegas
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We love HGVC at Waikoloa Beach! The rooms are comfortable, equipped with upscale amenities, and very well maintained. The kitchens are well enough equipped that we can cook every day if we wish, and the outdoor grills are also nice and clean to use. We've always had a room with a balcony, and use it to enjoy our coffee and some meals outdoors. It's an easy walk to good dining and a lovely beach, but the pools and activities available at the resort are a lot of fun, too.

The concierge staff is wonderful. We never feel like they are pushing us to spend money on the most expensive tours. Rather, they are willing to listen to what we like to do and then make suggestions as to what we might like, including just sending us to a good public beach for our own snorkel expedition.

We've taken the time share presentation a few times to get the incentive that they give us, and have not ever felt like we were getting a high pressure sale. We've been there several times, as a couple, with friends, and with family, and we will go back!

Room Tip: Units at the Bay Club tend to be a little bigger, and closer to the Hilton Hotel and public beach, but all are very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2012

we found the rooms to be of very high quality with all the right stuff present. I have little more to offer that others have but:
we came to HBVC from our membership at Intrawest. I am of the understanding that only buildings 6 and 7 were available for us. these buildings, though of the same high quality as the others, are bounded by the parking lots on one side, that the road on the other. we were assigned a ground floor end room which meant that we were in effect surrounded by roads. a bit disapointing after anticipating our week here for so long. However, having speant the first 2 of 9 days here, a polite request to the front desk promptly rewarded us with a move to a top floor suite. i don't know; could just have been availability, or timing or what. In any case, the staff at the front desk (and all over) were top-drawer. helpful, friendly, effective. well done people. (thanks much anny!)
In short, if you are coming in from RCI or other exchanges, try to obtain a higher room. not that the gardens are not well kept, but these are not the rooms backing on the golf cources with the big views.

Room Tip: lower floors in buildings 6 and 7 are pretty much bounded by parking and roads - you need to get higher to get any kind of sense of being in hawaii.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KpjmSunshineCoast
Reviewed February 16, 2012

First, the good - the HGVC Waikoloa Beach on the big island of Hawaii is one of the most beautiful resorts I've ever visited. The resort area includes the HGVC villas, the Bay Club condos and Kings Land (also time share properties), the Hilton hotel, a Marriott hotel, 2 shopping areas and all the amenities you'd expect: pools, restaurants, bars, shops, etc. Plus, the Bay Club has tennis courts, fitness center and a recreation department. There is a shuttle that goes to all of the properties and the shopping centers, so you really don't need a car for the first few days and are ready to explore the rest of the island. Even better, there are many free activities, which in Hawaii is rare. The Bay Club has walking tours, tennis clinics, yoga, hula lessons and more. The Hilton hotel has a dolphin cove that you can see from the Laguna Grill and other surrounding areas. Go at feeding time, around 4:00 for the best free dolphin show on the islands. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, was extremely nice and helpful.

The bad: Our 2 bedroom villa was gorgeous, with a lovely view over the golf course, giant bathroom, full kitchen and more. Unfortunately, there seemed to be no padding in the floors so the people in unit above us sounded like they were a herd of buffalo every day and night. We requested several times to be moved to a top floor unit (we were there for a week) but were told that nothing was available. Even if they had moved us to another lower unit that had no one above us for a few days, that would have been an improvement. I'm not saying the front desk didn't try, it just seemed like they gave up too easily. The good news is that all the units are being renovated, so hopefully they are putting in some padding under the flooring.

The ugly: We got a great rate at the HGVC because we agreed to sit through their 90 minute sales presentation. I thought it was a fair deal until I met the salesperson, Chris Brown. He was nice enough at first, but then started to get nasty when it was clear we were not going to buy. He kept saying, "Why do you keep accepting our invitations if you're not interested?" and I kept saying, "Because they are a good deal." It's not my fault they keep inviting me to stay at their properties for a reduced rate. He finally left the room "for a few minutes to give us time to talk it over" and then disappeared for about 10-15 minutes (felt like an hour) and I finally went looking for him. Found him coming back into the sales area from the outside, not sure where he went. He slammed down a "release" form for us to sign and told us we were done. No "thank you for coming" or "wish it would have worked out" or any pleasantries. Seriously, we felt insulted and a little angry that we kept our end of the bargain (spent 90 minutes inside on a beautiful day) and got treated like criminals just because we said no.

Still, that meeting was quickly forgotten as we continued to enjoy the magic of Waikaloa Village and all it had to offer. I want to thank the following people there: Tom, the bartender, at HGVC who made my drinks just right ("keep your friends close and your bartender closer"); Sooner who fetched me change for a 20 while she was in the middle of fixing something; Ailota (I might be spelling it wrong) at the front desk of HGVC who personally shlepped our baggage to our villa because the bellman was busy; Fred who ran an excellent tennis clinic and gave my husband some names of other tennis players on the island to arrange a match; Pascal, who taught a wonderful yoga class on the lawn of the Bay Club; Marcus (I think) that led the walking tour through the petroglyphs and taught us some Hawaiian history.

Well worth the long trip from FL to HI. Skip the sales pitch if you can :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank cmonteFlorida
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The hotel was fine. Big rooms. Nice views. The other two people in my party were annoyed that each interaction dealing with anyone who worked in the hotel ended in a sales pitch for a time share buy in, but that never happened to me.

The Legends of the Pacific Luau was great. We paid extra for the upgraded seating and it was well worth it. The views are a lot better and so is the food (family style, not buffet) and you get unlimited drinks. Our server was Merlyn, and she was fantastic! Extremely attentive and exuding maternal warmth and generosity. She was a big contribution to making the night so great. The show was really comprehensive in showing the types of dancing from all different islands in the Pacific. Dances from Fiji, Tonga, Hawaii, etc. Great costumes and very good technique. Great music too.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business