A "perfect place", even a little too perfect. Yes, it can accommodate thousands of people, yes, a little Disneyland feeling, huge distances to cover, but still nice and fun. So please look at the whole picture and not everything with a magnifying gals and then you should have a really great time. There were several high points for us and no real low point:
We got one of the less fancy rooms looking on the golf course as opposed to the sea. I think it was more quiet and we liked it that way. After-all how much time do you want to spend in your room? Otherwise the rooms were comfortable and spacious, but you did have a little 80's feeling looking at the bathroom, door knobs etc.
The dolphins that are kept there are a lot of fun. You can go into their pool and they take photos of you. These dolphins behaved like house pets, they periodically came over, showed us some tricks, wanted to attract our attention. You decide: are you sorry for the poor dolphins in captivity, or happy for them that they can live twice as long as in the sea, no stress, good food, getting massages, etc.
The landscape is very well kept so you don't feel like in an entertainment factory, unlike in some other resorts.
A word of advice: the Big Island is really big, so if you only stay in the Hilton Waikaloa, you will put hundreds of miles in your car each day. We staid a few days there and a few days in Volcano Village the other side of the island (Volcano Village Lodge - a fantastic, romantic place, unlike the Hilton Waikaloa)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the aloha spirit wash over you in one of the world's most beautiful resorts: Hilton Waikoloa Village - Lagoon Tower and Palace Tower. Experience the magic of Hawaii at our hotel, an oasis dotted with lagoons, pools, water slides, a wide variety of restaurants and bars, and staffed by a team of accommodating hospitality professionals who are here to make sure you're enjoying your island time. Settle into your well-appointed guest room, explore all that we have to offer, and soak up the Hawaiian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Waikoloa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hawaii Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Village Hotel Waikoloa
- Hilton Village Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Hilton
- Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort