“Fun for the Whole Family”

Hilton Waikoloa Village
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Waikoloa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kailua kona, United States
“Fun for the Whole Family”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

A beautiful and relaxing place for the whole family. Our two girls ages 6 and 8 enjoyed our three day and two night stay. All of our time was spent at the pool which has an amusement park like slide and bridge. The dolphins were also a big hit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,920)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Waikoloa, Hawaii
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We just checked in for a convention. The Palace Tower is very dated. When I drove up to the front of the hotel, the bell person came to the car. I informed him I was checking in. He asked me if I wanted valet or self park. I told him if I could tell him after I checked in. He then asked if I wanted my bag sent up to my room. I told him i would take it with me. I had bought some snacks and such before coming. I was grabbing those items from the front seat and he watched me as I grabbed by suitcase from the back seat and also my computer bag. Never offered to help. That should've been the hint of how it was going to be. I have been at this hotel 1 1/2 hours and it's the worst. I am Gold Hilton Honors. The room is the worst room I have seen at a Hilton in Hawaii! YIKES!! Even the old Keauhou Beach was better!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lehuah59
HiltonWaikoloa, General Manager at Hilton Waikoloa Village, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for reaching out to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we welcome you to contact our offices directly if you would like to discuss our service and appointment directly. If you are still in the hotel, please contact the Front Office managers at ext. 2730 or through the hotel operator. I apologize for the lack of service you received at the front drive, as well as the room condition in Palace Tower. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to speaking with you.

Debi Bishop
tripadvisor@hiltonwaikoloavillage.com
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort at various times over a 20 year period. The resort has always been well maintained and the staff has always been helpful. Changes have occurred in the restaurant offerings, our favor Italian restaurant has closed. The canal boat service has been reduced to the point it is not worth waiting for the boat especially in the evening when visitors are coming and going from the resort. One boat is running therefore is packed at every stop. The resort has multiple canal boats for use but has chosen to reduce to one, at the max two boats at any one time. In our most recent stay we had a number of spiders found in the room. This was the first time we had spiders or other bugs found in our room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
sherwood, oregon
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is my second stay at the Hilton Waikoloa and once again had a great stay. The setting is beautiful, the pools are great and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. This is a great place for families or couples to visit and enjoy the Big Island. There are only 2 items I would ask the hotel to improve on: 1) Make visitors more aware of the no smoking policy. We had to deal with lots of cigar and cigarette smoke drifting up onto our lanai and room when screen door was open and 2) Improve quality of food in pizza restaurant.

Outside of these 2 items, we had a fantastic stay for 8 nights!

Room Tip: If you want a more adult oriented tower, choose the Ocean tower. Kids would probably like the Lagoo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed in the Ocean Tower in an Ocean Front room. It was great! Very nice facility. The only down side is the distance to the lobby. We found staff to be very accommodating. After checkout, the hotel allowed us to use the hotel facilities and use a room to shower and change clothes prior to our flight home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trojantraveler99
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We came back to the big island and stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa Village again for our family summer vacation in mid July. It's about 25 minute from the Kona Airport. This self contained resort has everything you need to keep the kids entertained for hours, with the many different pools, slides, Dolphin Quest and a salt water lagoon that offers all the water activities you can imagine. The train and water taxi also provide easy and fun ways to get around the massive resort. The beautiful grounds are well maintained and features many bridges through out the property. It's a nice walk along the shore although there is no beach access. Though it's really big, we never felt the place was over crowded because it's spread out. There are three major towers at the hotel. We stayed at the Palace Tower both times. It is the middle of the 3 and also the most quiet. The rooms are decent size with two double beds and plenty of closet space and a balcony. The decor is a bit dated and could use some updates. We were told the Lagoon Tower has gone through some recent renovations. It's right next to the Dolphin Quest pavilion. The Ocean Tower is the biggest and farthest from the lobby. As far as dinning, we like KPC near the Lagoon tower. Walk by shoreline to the back of the restaurant around 6:30 for family photos then sit outside so you can enjoy your meal and the beautiful sunset.

The resort is also very close to the King's Shops mall and the Queens Marketplace, where there are several decent restaurants like Sansei's and Roy's. The ABC store at the Queens Marketplace offers everything you need from souvenirs to a picnic lunch for a day of activities outside of the resort. Overall, it's conveniently located and great for families. Will stay here again, maybe at a different tower.

Room Tip: Palace Tower is the most quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights and really wanted to write a review about how great it was for kids! We read somewhere to stay in the Lagoon wing and I am so happy we did! Our room was on the ground floor and we could walk right out to the kids pool. I really recommend doing the same. It made our stay so enjoyable! And the kids pool is excellent with lots of sand and shallow water but the whole pools area was super. We could hear the folks next door very clearly, which was a bit annoying because they did not have kids and stayed up late. I think they changed room though probably because they could hear us too! the food was the low point. Not very healthy. Not many family options. Boring, expensive, boring. There was a frig in the room so we went to the local health food store and stocked up. We did the swim with the dolphin experience and it was great and worth the splurge. My grandson was 2 1/2 and he loved it and got a toy dolphin in the gift shop and named it after the dolphin and it is still one of his favorite toys. The video is quite good too. My grandson would have been happy never to leave the resort.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waikoloa
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Waikoloa Village? Share your experiences!