Hilton Waikoloa Village
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
8,569 results
All reviewsocean towerdolphin questhilton waikoloakona poollagoon grillthe big islandpizza placechinese restaurantbuddha pointkamuela provision companyboat rideswim with the dolphinsfishhuge resortboat servicemain lobbydolphin encounter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband, myself & our 2 children aged 9 & 17 spent 10 wonderful days at this beautiful resort. We have travelled a lot overseas but this place was the nicest resort I've ever stayed at. Plenty of dining choices in the resort & a short shuttle bus ride away at the local shopping centres. We ate so well with everybodys tastes being catered for. The rooms were very spacious & the staff were all lovely & always eager to help. The breakfast buffet was 5 star with beautiful, freshly made omelettes, pancakes & waffles. Everywhere we turned was a photo opportunity with the landscaped grounds & waterways of the resort as well as the beautiful sunsets over the lava rock covered beaches. Amazing pools with waterslides for the children & the big kids!! Dolphin encounters run every day and you can sit on the grass and watch these beautiful animals all day if you want to. The highlight though would have to be the amazingly beautiful green hawaiian turtles that swam daily in the resort lagoon. They were up to a metre big and they were happy to swim along with the tourists and we were so fortunate to take home that experience and the memories. This resort ticks all the boxes.... Lovely accommodation, many delicious food options, gorgeous surroundings & wildlife, beautiful weather every day & friendly staff. We are planning to go back again next year..... Amazing...Amazing....Amazing!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank April P
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was expecting something similar to the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu. This could not be more different. It resembled a Hawaiian theme park for kids. I believe I'm one of a very few people who were not enthralled at every turn.

There are transportation options from getting from one side of the resort to the other - the tram, very slow, but with a running commentary of information about the resort; and the boat, which runs even slower along the canal beside the tram, but is a fun way to go once if your timing is perfect. Mostly we just walked. From our room to the car, it was over a mile.

We were in the Palace tower. When I called to request the Ocean tower, they told me they couldn't accommodate me and to ask when I got there. We ended up in the Palace tower, which is the not the farthest tower, but was most inconvenient for us. The room was nice. The tower was basically views of the golf course. There are no pools associated with the Palace tower. No beach views. The palace tower was a huge disappointment to me. The biggest disappointment to me was the lack of Kona coffee in the room! They are so close to Kona and they served columbian coffee!!!!

We did the luau there. The food wasn't good, but the show was nice. I believe all tables are probably good tables there, so we're glad we didn't spend any money for a 'prime seat.' However, as we walked in, we were given flower leis to wear for a quick photo and told to give them back. We didn't receive any other lei during our time here. I found that odd for a resort in Hawaii to not give a lei. At all. Even when spending over $100 on a luau.

We also ate at Kamulea Provision Company and found it to be worth every penny. The food and staff were wonderful there, as were the views! We mostly ate off grounds. We had coffee at the coffee stands there and split a pastry for breakfast.

The shops were interesting to walk through, but very expensive otherwise.

The lagoon with the dolphins was interesting in that it was something different, but I just have issues with keeping anything in an area that small and shallow, so I spent very little time at it. Plenty of restaurants.

I thought the decor of the place was very bizarre - mostly Asian in art and architecture. I understand the asian influence, but was expecting more of a Hawaiian tribute. Except for a small display, there was no indication you were in Hawaii as you walked around the hotel!

We spoke with a guest service member who helped us find a great excursion for our time there - the Mauna Kea summit and stargazing experience was the highlight of my time there! Otherwise I loved the Kona area, the green sand beaches, and the southern most tip of the US (which is not at all marked, but gorgeous during sunset nonetheless!)

Room Tip: The bed in our room was angled, not flush against a normal wall. The Palace Tower is quiet, but not close to pools or anything. Bring your own coffee or plan to get it at a stand, they serve columbian. This close to Kona and they serve columbian coffee?
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just spent 9 days in this paradise resort on the Kohala coast of Kona. It is truly a great family destination. It offers every amenity including three separate hotel buildings (I had the opportunity to stay in each of them, and while I like my upgraded view of the dolphin quest marine bio-learning adventure in the small room I had in the Lagoon tower, I really liked my second choice in the Palace Tower, a 5 balcony king-bed suite with sleeper sofa and room for a roll away in the spacious 1000 + sq ft. living area the best!!! The Ocean Towers has nice facilities and some rooms with great views, but I wouldn't want to be there too long.

Compared to living in a thatched-roof hut on some real tilapia pond like ancient villagers; staying at Hilton HI - It probably seems kind of artificial to some more experienced travelers and certainly to local hawaiians, with it's Disney-like monorail, arrival by Jungle Cruise boats. and things like a built-in artificial salt-water swimming area complete with sea turtles and reef fish may seem 'fake" or corny - but for my family it was the perfect place to practice our snorkeling and get our sea legs underneath us first before venturing out to more ambitious (and sometimes dangerous) real and public coral reef sites sites like the 'Place of Refuge" at the south end of the Island and the rock entry 'Turtle Beaches" of Puoka to the north. Petroglyphs beach stat park just to the north of Waikoloa by Mauna Lani resort is an excellent day trip with safer snorkeling entry points and beautiful clear waters.

We did all of these adventures and more (visiting the black sand beach or Pololu after a quick hike down the north end into the Pololu valley). I highly recommend bringing a rental car so you can venture out every couple of days, but I want to assure you that on the days you choose to stay in the resort and chill by the pool or the lagoon, you will be satisfied and relaxed.

Room Tip: If you have kids, A suite in the Palace tower is better than two rooms in the Lagoon Tower, IMHO.
1  Thank R2D2-CamperVan
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Was there with another family for several days. Stayed in the Lagoon Tower. I'd recommend you ask for that tower to shorten your walk across this vast property. The pool nearby the Lagoon tower is also the best on the property - large, near water features and restaurants, and easy to get a chair or Casabella cabana.

A few strange things in our experience - we were two larger parties (6 and 4). When checking in, we were told by the front desk clerk that they couldn't guarantee room bed types, so we had to fit 6 people into a room with a "king" (really an oversized queen) and a second room with two doubles. We specifically had asked for two rooms with doubles. Our other party of 4 had to make due with a "king" room only. So they had to drag a rollaway bed in and use the pullout chair bed in the room. Not exactly what you'd want when you travel thousands of miles to get here. Still astounded at the "we don't guarantee bed types" comment from a resort clearly designed for families -aka larger parties.

The statues on the property are out of place - to say the least. They are centered around Asian cultures sigh as China, Japan, and even Thailand. They do cater to alot of Asians here, but wouldn't traditional Hawaiian cultural statues make alot more sense? I think it took away from the feel of the property and became the brunt of our jokes while there - particularly the camels under the waterfalls, the rhino near the orchid marketplace, and the deer in the bushes near the slides at the Lagoon pool. Really? None of them have anything to do with Hawaii. . .

Room Tip: Stay in the Lagoon Tower - but don't mind the screeching birds at dusk and beyond!
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We are staying at the King's Land, part of the Hilton Grand Vacation club, however we have full access to the Hilton Waikoloa Village. Overall the hotel itself was very pretty, however as custodians of a natural lagoon with a waterfall where beautiful sea turtles hang out, my family and I were disgusted and in tears. We pulled out three quart empty plastic ziplock baggies, , around 20 empty potato chip bags, 2 plastic wrist bands and several paper products (napkins. Pieces of Hilton hotel brochures, etc). All very dangerous to the turtles who visit there. We wish we had taken a picture of the garbage we found. I believe this a a bad reflection on the hotel and the guests who stay there. Our family tries to be green and kind to the environment , we will probably try to return there a couple of times before we leave just to go back to that same spot and pull garbage out. We will take pictures next time. Or maybe when we return the hotel will have done something about it. We can only hope for the latter. By the way there was a lot garbage in the Dolphin Quest pool too, we couldn't get there to clean that up.

4  Thank CKH4221
HiltonWaikoloa, General Manager at Hilton Waikoloa Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I’m very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Our grounds are normally in pristine condition and I apologize that you found them to be anything less than perfect. We have an entire section of our staff dedicated to cleaning the grounds and water features. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss this incident in further detail, via our special Trip Advisor response account: tripadvisor@hiltonwaikoloavillage.com