Hilton Waikoloa Village
$332
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
8,643 results
All reviewsocean towerdolphin questhilton waikoloakona poollagoon grillthe big islandpizza placechinese restaurantbuddha pointkamuela provision companyboat rideswim with the dolphinsfishhuge resortboat servicemain lobbydolphin encounter
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here for 7 days on my honeymoon and loved it!

The pools are amazing, while swimming at the waterfall lots of turtles were swimming all around me. What an experience!

The view from our room was excellent and i could not wait to open the curtains every morning to see the landscape and ocean. The resort is large but I like that. Getting on the boat to get to the main reception everyday was great fun.

At night, we would take a walk to the Buddha and watch the sun go down... so relaxing.

Staff were nice and helpful. When I plan to come back to Big Island...I will definitely think about staying here again.

The only down side was the selection of food at night, I wish there was a bit more choice and may be some entertainment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank polymath101
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa Resort in January 2013. We had a great time enjoying the beautiful pools, lush landscaping, and lots of onsite activities. The downside was that the prices for food are little outrageous.

The resort is very large, but they provide transportation to each of the buildings via a monorail that is very Disneyesque or boats. We didn't use these much as we are from New York and walk much more during our regular days. I did hear some people complain about it thought. Until you get a feel for the hotel I would keep a map of the property with you so you don't wander out of your way.

We stayed in the Palace Tower. Our room was very nice, with a big bathroom, refrigerator, and a nice view of the golf course. We didn't spend much time in the room. Some other people who were traveling with us complained about the noise from the birds outside. I think this was more a problem inthe Ocean Tower than the Palace Tower because of the way the trees are situated.

The pools are beautiful. Each one is landscaped and set up beautifully. They are not heated, though, so be prepared for them to be chilly... however, I think they are warmer during the summer. I found the pool outside the Ocean Tower to be the best for having sunshine all day. Also, the bartender who is at the bar there in the afternoons is a really nice guy.

The lagoon is a great feature and I would definitely make time to snorkel in it. They have sea turtles and tropical fish in it.

We did the Dolphin Encounter. I enjoyed it, but not as much as other people who have done similar things in Mexico. you don't actually get to swim with the dolphins, you just get to pet them. I probably wouldn't spend the money on this attraction because you don't get to swim with them.

I watched the whales from Buddha Point each morning. The whale season in Hawaii is November 15 through April 15, but I was told that the best time to see them is late January. It is a great experience and the hotel provides binoculars at 8:00am every day.

Make sure you watch the sunset... especially on clear days. it is almost a religious experience! we ate dinner at KPC and enjoyed it. Make sure you make reservations and ask to be seated on the patio... if possible ask to be seated close to the "cliff" for the most unobstructed view. If you don't have dinner at KPC watch the sunset from the patio area just past the Ocean Tower Pool.

If you have a specific seat you want for the day make sure you get up and claim it with a towel or piece of clothing.

We ate at KPC and found it to be a good value. I would avoid eating at the sushi restaurant because it is WAY to expensive... instead, go to Sansei in the Queen Shopping Center. We went with some friends who are locals and loved everything we ordered. Also in the Queen Shopping Center is Charly's Thai Cuisine, I LOVED this place! Get the pineapple fried rice and then ask the server for recommendations. When you are at the resort make sure you try the Kona Colada!

We found breakfast at the resort to be the most outrageously priced meal, so we went to the grocery store at Queens Shopping Center and got Clif Bars and fruit.

Lastly, I would recommend taking a walk along the shoreline access trail in the morning. It is an easy trail that starts at the bottom of the stairs near KPC and follows the shore around to a very nice sand beach. Along the trail you can see surfers... the surf tends to be best in the mornings. Also, the volcanic rock along the path is great for exploring and we saw lots of little fish, crabs, and urchins. You can also see wild sea turtles sun bathing along the trail if you go in mid afternoon. The trail leads to a nice sand beach where you can swim in ocean.

Room Tip: The Palace Tower are very nice. The Palace Tower also has less bird noise than the Ocean Tower.
1  Thank Zolmonster
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We learned the hard way. Always,always walk around your car to check for and document any dings or damage. Do this both at drop off and at pick up when using valet. It's almost impossible to prove otherwise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonWaikoloa, General Manager at Hilton Waikoloa Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I appreciate your honest feedback about your experience while parking at our hotel. The security of our guests and their vehicles is important to us. Your review provides feedback that our hotel team can use to re-evaluate this aspect of our service. Thanks again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a nice 5 day stay. Grounds are massive and well maintained. Our room in the Ocean Tower was large and clean, furnishings were a bit odd. Bathroom as more typical of an interstate hotel than a luxury resort. Staff was great at all restaurants and poolside. Very helpful at the Onsite car rental and activity office. Bring your walking shoes! Kids of all ages would love the lagoon filled with fish and turtles.

2  Thank Raleigh198
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just by entering the hotel, you realise how large it is - small train makes it easier to reach different parts of hotel, but we rather walked around as there are pretty nice walk paths spread around the resort. Rooms is big enough, bathroom could be bigger ( not by Hilton standars in my opinion).
Plenty of restaurants around ( different tipes), prices reasonable for such resort.
Nice part of the hotel are dolphins, although my son was too young to be allowed into the pool with them and get a photo;
Why would not I give them 5 stars? Noise!! The are no carpets in hallways, so you hear everything - luggage, women in high heels, ....and most of noise is made by BIRDS!!! Yes, quite loud, but well, in this area I think hotel can not do much :)
Nice DVD renting machines ( new movies, which is great), helpul concierge, friendly waitresses;
If I will ever be again on Big Island, this hotel would be my pick...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family